Hi, Im currently using a pearl on UK's O2 network and loving it - but ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

8707g what's it like?

Advertisement

Hi, Im currently using a pearl on UK's O2 network and loving it - but since i'm due a free handset was thinking about getting the 8707g for its 3G speed (as I web-browse a lot) and full qwerty...
    Seen some eralier posts here about this handset being a bit problematic... is that still the case? are there any 8707g users out there who would care to comment about what they think about this one, from an overall perspective....

Cheers!
    Rash

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8707g what's it like?

Can't really help with the 8707, as it's not really available in the U.S. but.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ill keep this one going. You have alread said the faster speeds, so thats a given. maybe you should wait on the 88xx, that has a full qwerty keyboard...

sydney74 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've got an 8707g on Optus (Australia) that is just great. I had a 8700g before but moved because I needed it to work in Japan (which it does) No problems from me, although I would like a high quality camera so will wait for 88xx with full qwerty.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Are you sure that the 8707 will be faster? From what I understand the EVDO 87XX's aren't any faster than their EDGE counterparts (except when tethering) due to the processor speed being a bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Are you sure that the 8707 will be faster? From what I understand the EVDO 87XX's aren't any faster than their EDGE counterparts (except when tethering) due to the processor speed being a bottleneck.
    well 3G is much faster than EDGE in terms of raw bandwidth. also none of the UK networks support EDGE anyway... here in the UK we only have GPRS or 3G. I would find it very hard to believe that CPU power would be a limiting factor as the data rates are far more likely to be effected by the networking and data module drivers rather than by CPU power, but i may be wrong.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ any one else wants to share their 8707g impressions? Any brits here using it on O2?

Come on people, someone must be using the 8707g here.... i'm mainly interested in finding out if its any faster browsing and emailing due to the 3G support...

andy_ck87028 no está en línea Stack level 2

My two penny worth is that the 8707G is a good package. I am delighted with it except for its inability to handle wav files.

As I have my voicemails come in as wav attachments, I know the message is there but can't listen to the wretched thing.

Any suggestions anyone??

Andy