hey guys i m new here and to the the bb. so pls be patient ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rvdran no está en línea Stack level 1

8707g browser problem

Advertisement

hey guys

i m new here and to the the bb. so pls be patient with me!

theres no icon for the browser on my bb.i heard that the icon wont show up unless you have a data plan...do they mean a bb data plan? or a standard 3G plan?

i am still on 2G sim card and i wonder if i switch to a 3G sim card, the browser wld pop up?

i have no intentions of getting a bb data plan as of yet. so is there a way to enable the browser?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    It depends. If your carrier reqires a data plan, most likely they did not transmit the service book to you. However if they do a pay per use, then you may need to accept the books. However, I do not think it is wise to use pay per use, even the littlest downloads will cost you big

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D
    well most of the service provider has a different data plan for blackberry handhelds.... and i guess unless u subscribe to the data plan the internet browser wont be pushed on to ur handheld..and i think that there is no need for a blackberry unless u subscribe and make full use of the data plan...!!

thats sad..
    no where to forcefully push it down?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    rvdran, Welcome to PinStack.

As far as I know, there is no way to get the Internet Browser with out a Blackberry Data Plan. Blackberry Devices require access to the RIM Data network to access and data service. Without the BlackBerry data plan you are limited to standard cell phone service and a limited PIM.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

With no intention of ever getting a BlackBerry Data Plan, I'm slightly surprised that anyone would suggest a BlackBerry to you to begin with.

A BlackBerry without a BlackBerry Data Plan is kind of pointless. It's just another phone then, and an expensive phone at that.

Re: 8707g browser problem

hey guys

thanks for your help.

yup i know its pointless having a bb when i dont intend to use its functions

but it was given to me by my friend..so what the hell

thanks for all the help..much appreciated!