as mentioned RIM had a secret meeting at 3gsm world congress to show a select ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow 8707 Blackberry

Advertisement

as mentioned RIM had a secret meeting at 3gsm world congress to show a select group of people they upcoming 3G handset, i can confirm that a new blackberry is on it's way soon and is expected to launch around Q2-Q3 and is UMTS. looks like rim will be adding multimedia apps to the next bb heres hoping they add

- expandable memory
    - Mp3 Player (that's all i want)

what do you think they will add to the new blackberry:?: Let the speculation commence

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 8707 Blackberry

I wonder if they are holding out on announcing the release of this until the settlement is resolved?

Either way, any multimedia support would be great. It would let the BB compete with Treo and other MS devices in that department. I just hope that whatever is released has been R&D 'ed enough and will have very few bugs out of the gate.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

I just want streaming audio/video... thats literitally the only thing I miss from the days where I had my Pocket PC and my SE T610 thethered to it. (essentialy giving me a smartphone to some extent)

Everything else, they can keep just the way it is. As I'm perfectly happy with how the newer BB's work. The 7100 I have is a bit crummy on cpu power, but the 8700 fixed that nicely.

I do think they are holding out until the settlement is resolved; I honestly think if RIM didn't have to deal with all this junk, they would have been able to innovate tremendously. With all the money they spent on the lawsuits, they could have made some amazing advancements; and I do belive after they finish; they will make some nice stuff.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

JPIndustrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I personally like the utilitarian nature of the bb. But there are sometimes I wish it was a little more multimedia savvy.

Still - I don't think anything could come close to the connectivity of the blackberry. Til then, I'll just keep my bb in one hand; my iPod in the other.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by JPIndustrie

I personally like the utilitarian nature of the bb. But there are sometimes I wish it was a little more multimedia savvy.

Still - I don't think anything could come close to the connectivity of the blackberry. Til then, I'll just keep my bb in one hand; my iPod in the other.
    And for me it's Blackberry in one hand Digicam in the other. Just wish I could connect the two so I go do mobile blogging with photos and send pics to friends on the go...I just despise the quality of all current camera phones.

JPIndustrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Well, I suppose it would be nice to have a camera built-in. Simply for the conveinience factor of it - being able to take pictures of funny instances with friends, etc.

My previous phone (Moto i860) had a camera. I knew what to expect out of its quality - but hardly ever used the camera at all.

While an mp3 player, video player, expandable memory, camera, kitchen sink, etc would be nice - don't compromise bb connectivity, please.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Last edited by hayden; 03-27-2006 at 09:41 AM.