Hi guys, I have an 8707 with OS 4.2 when calls come it dosent display ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tjalendran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25734C5C

Question 8707 Address book bug???

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I have an 8707 with OS 4.2 when calls come it dosent display the name of the caller even though it is saved in the address book... the same for some numbers while receiving sms.... any way around this???

brownhead no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8707 Address book bug???

I seem to have the same issue when I upgraded to 4.21106 - I have a Sprint BB8703e. It only happens on the entries that I have saved with the *82 (unblock) feature. My number is blocked (restricted) and I only release it to certain people. Not sure what the fix is - but you have a fellow BB buddy thats annoyed with u!

xpsiter no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30433A48

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So, someone (2), besides me is having a prob w/the address book. My issue isn't the privacy thing, but rather sorting/locating addresses. It seems that I have 3 sections of addresses and typing in a name only looks into one.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by tjalendran View Post
    Hi guys,

I have an 8707 with OS 4.2 when calls come it dosent display the name of the caller even though it is saved in the address book... the same for some numbers while receiving sms.... any way around this???
    Two possible causes of this, first go to the Phone App (Call Log) and open the Options/smart dialling. Enter you country code and area codes. if that doesn't work, do you have Content Protection enabled. If so make sure that the option for including the address book set to no (Options/Security Options/General Settings.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Another slight possibility is the phone numbers don't match. I've never experienced this on Blackberrys, but a couple of times with other manufacturers. For example, a call comes in from 1-915-274-9000 but in your handheld's memory that particular contact is listed as 915-274-9000 or 274-9000.

brownhead no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Another slight possibility is the phone numbers don't match. I've never experienced this on Blackberrys, but a couple of times with other manufacturers. For example, a call comes in from 1-915-274-9000 but in your handheld's memory that particular contact is listed as 915-274-9000 or 274-9000.
    Problem FIXED!

Hey fellas - after hours of reinstalling my OS and getting error 529 (horrible!!) I finally found out that the OS reinstall had nothing to do with this problem because it was still happening afterwards. This is what worked for me. Under Phone Options - Use "1" for National Dialing was set to 'Yes' for me. I switched this to 'no' and I started to get the Caller ID with no problems. Please let me know if this worked for the people who had the problem I had (mentioned above on a previous post from me) thanks for all the help fellas -
    -------
    Last edited by brownhead; 11-26-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged.