So I read all over the place that an 8705g variant was released on Sept. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

8705g - what happened to it?

Advertisement

So I read all over the place that an 8705g variant was released on Sept. 18th of last year, and it's on the RIM site as a device. Yet, I don't see it for sale anywhere via T-Mobile, clicking on the link from Blackberry takes you to T-Mobile, etc.

So is this device just DOA?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8705g - what happened to it?

I honestly never even heard of it, so it is possible that is either DOA or has another name.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I called T-mobile. They say the only BB they offer in the 8XXX series is the 8100 and the 8700g

minchan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204a9cf6

The 8705g can be special ordered through blackberry and tmobile. The only difference between the 8705g and the 8700g is that the 8705g has support for M3 and T3 hearing aids. I'm thinking the reason that it would be harder to find is that the majority of bb users probably have no interest in this feature.

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by minchan
    The 8705g can be special ordered through blackberry and tmobile. The only difference between the 8705g and the 8700g is that the 8705g has support for M3 and T3 hearing aids. I'm thinking the reason that it would be harder to find is that the majority of bb users probably have no interest in this feature.
    It was my understanding that this model also has built-in modem tethering support, something us non-Windows users would kinda like. Right now when I jack in my 8100 via USB there's no modem device that presents itself to the kernel (like all other phones), so we're a bit dead in the water here. I was to understand the 8705g had this... (that's what the RIM marketing says)