I searched this forum, but all I could find were standard operating procedure... I'm using ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sundog no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8703e won't purge deleted msgs

Advertisement

I searched this forum, but all I could find were standard operating procedure...

I'm using BIS, and everything is working fine -- except that msgs deleted while on a desktop (two servers, university server and gmail) do not disappear on BB. HELP! This is driving me crazy)

BB receives msgs fine, all sent msgs from BB show up on servers in "sent" folder, deleted BB msgs disappear on servers, and all Outlook 03 files are synch'ing just fine. But I can't get the deleted msgs to purge.

I've gone to messages app, and both email accounts individually, set "reconcile wirelessly", have hit "purge deleted msgs" a million times, have hit "reconcile now" a million times...no luck. Once a msg appears on the BB, the only way to make it disappear is to manually delete it on the BB.

I move a ton of msgs around on the desktop (to c-drive folders to get them off server) at work, and delete all I can to have a clean inbox. So I REALLY want to see them go away on the BB.

Any advice?? I'm even starting to considers a WinMobile device...(gasp!)

Thanks in advance,
    John

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: 8703e won't purge deleted msgs

This function will not work with BIS. Synching between your outlook and the BB is a BES feature. you will have to delete any unwanted email from the BB.
    I'm not even sure that this will work with the desktop redirector as I have not tried it.

Hope this helps.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Jerrycrabb,

if it won't synch, then why are all the other functions working..? Things done on BB (send, reply, delete) show up on the server, and msgs get from server to BB. Just this one thing (server-deleted msgs not disappearing on BB) not working.

Thanks, John

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm not sure. I've never tried the redirector, that might be the way to go.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you checked email reconciliation on your BB? In messages click the wheel and choose options. Any of those settings help you? I dont have a need for what you are asking so I have never learned.

Let us know if this works.
    Last edited by cp6169; 03-12-2007 at 12:19 AM.

CP

Sadly, I have checked email reconciliation (futilely re-choosing it repeatedly in the delusional hope that "this time it might work...") on both email accounts, and the messages item too. Sigh... thanks for trying!

John

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im sure someone will come along sortly that has experienced this. Ill keep looking for ya.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm curious too, hopefully someone comes along soon.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

The BIS is a one-way sync between the BB and the mail server (POP or IMAP). Check the knowledge base at RIM for BIS.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

This is what I thought.