Hello all... I recently switched from a nextel blackberry (7250) to a sprint 8703e phone. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jokerswild1138 no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e will not connect to EV network

Advertisement

Hello all...
    I recently switched from a nextel blackberry (7250) to a sprint 8703e phone. I had the plans switched with customer support and verified I had both the data and phone plan. The phone number transfer went smooth but I was unable to get the browser icon to appear and thus unable to activate my device on our bes server. I spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone with sprint tech support who walked me through all the old standby troubleshooting.
    1. Wiped the handheld
    2. reconfigured
    3. provisioned
    4. Registered

However, none of these routines seemed to work. During our troubleshooting I noticed a couple of things. The phone never left the "1x" network. Whenever I provision the device, it briefly connects to "1xev" but once provisioning ends, it drops back to "1x". I am by no means a cell phone guru, so I don't understand the details of these different networks, but as I understand it, the ev network is part of the 3G protocol for improved data transfer. What I don't understand is the difference between sprints "1xev" and "1XEV", but apparently that capitalization is very important for data and web browsing.

The tech on the phone even removed the blackberry portion of plan and re added it and we went through the steps again, with no luck. At this point he started blaming an "outage" in my area, even though my co worker has the same phone which I had less then two inches from my phone and it was in the 1XEV network and running fine. He told me to "keep trying the provisioning and call back in 24 hours if it doesnt work".

The thing is, the device never even attempts to connect to the 1X or 1XEV when provisioning.

Perhaps I should be in the sprint carrier forum, but I wasn't sure. What I am asking is, what is the difference between 1XEV and 1xev? Is there something I can do on the device itself to get it to connect to the data network? If not, what do I need to know to be more knowledgeable with the tech on the phone? Any ideas what to ask him to change on my account?

Thanks in advance all.

jokerswild1138 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks anyways

turns out they still had me on the nextel data plan. soon as they switched it to the sprint plan things worked great.

guess I posted too detailed and too verbose to get any response on this forum.

Good luck!