I have an 8703e from VZW. After installing a new theme, the phone rebooted and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sacrilege no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B44315

Question 8703e will not boot!

Advertisement

I have an 8703e from VZW. After installing a new theme, the phone rebooted and I haven't been able to get it back up since. On bootup, I get an error saying "Data Abor..." with a button labeled 'Reset' below it.

But when I reset it, it just reboots and does the exact same thing. I did a search and found a few other threads dealing with this exact topic, but the solution provided there - one where you remove the battery, run desktop manager application loader, and click 'Next' right as you reconnect the phone's battery - isn't working for me. The phone gives me the same error and the Desktop Manager's application loader never manages to progress past the connection detection step.

Removing the battery for 10+ mins has also done nothing to alleviate the problem. I'm at a loss here... how can I get my phone working?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8703e will not boot!

Sacrilege, when you run your desktop manager, the device needs to have the battery put in just before it gets to the connection phase...

Basically it wipes the phone with no battery in, but in order to connect back to the phone, it needs to have the battery in...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    32B44315

Yeah that's what I figured, but after countless attempts, I'm still unable to get the application loader locate the device. I called VZW about an hour ago, though, and they're shipping a new device now. They said it'd arrive on monday. Man, I'm so glad I got that warranty!

I guess all of my data will be gone though, huh? I mean all the emails and contacts should be retrievable, being on an exchange server and all, but my personal notes and the like are probably gone for good.

Damn it really sucks!

No more messing around with themes for me. I learned my lesson!

PIN/ID
    32B44315

Well I'm not entirely sure how this worked, but after messing around w/ the command prompt program options for the BlackBerry JDE 4.2 package, I was able to get the desktop manager's application loader to work. I'm still confused as to what exactly I did to make it work (I've spent the last hour trying everything possible) but I'm thrilled nonetheless!

Plus I've got another 8703e coming in the mail on monday, too. Can't hurt to have an extra blackberry hanging around, eh?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Glad you got it back up and running again. Unless you had a backup handy, yes, you'll lose the personal, non-BES data.

rawdizzy2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 8703e will not boot!

Quote Originally Posted by sacrilege View Post
    Well I'm not entirely sure how this worked, but after messing around w/ the command prompt program options for the BlackBerry JDE 4.2 package, I was able to get the desktop manager's application loader to work. I'm still confused as to what exactly I did to make it work (I've spent the last hour trying everything possible) but I'm thrilled nonetheless!

Plus I've got another 8703e coming in the mail on monday, too. Can't hurt to have an extra blackberry hanging around, eh?

Any idea how you got it to work?? I have the same problem just mine doesnt make it to an error message it just reboots when its in the hr glass stage.