Does anyone have an issue where they can hear the caller well, but callers constantly ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

JMayFL no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8703e voice quality concern....

Advertisement

Does anyone have an issue where they can hear the caller well, but callers constantly complain you're "cutting out"?

I'm suspect my 8703e is connecting to the BES and data transmissions are occuring during voice calls causing my out-going voice to "cut out".

If I'm correct, I'm curious if turning off data transmission during phone calls could eliminate my issue. Does anyone know if there is a setting to halt data transmission while in a voice call, then resume automatically?

Does anyone else notice a simular issue? Perhaps I simply have a bad unit - it's ony 2 months old...

Comments?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: 8703e voice quality concern....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This problem has nothing to do with your BB, its all dependant on your phones connection to the nearest cell tower and any obstructions between you and the tower.

You could try hanging up and calling again or turning your phone off and on to refresh your phones connection to the tower.

XLIMBS:

I've tried this many times and it helps, but.... I've also noticed the send/receive indicator is very active when I end the call and once it stops and I redail the call, the issue seems to go away. This is what led me to question if the issue was related to simutaneous data transmission during the questionable voice call.

As well, my signel level is typically good and I have no issue hearing the caller on the far side.

So I don't understand why they don't hear me equally as well?

(I'm not a cellular genious - so perhaps I over simplifing the issue)

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

JmayFL, two possibles here,
    Are you perhaps in a wind enviroment or using a bluetooth?
    I have seen a defective bluetooth headset do that, and sometimes a headset in a windy enviroment causes your complaint because of noise canceling etc. Not sure if these apply, but thought I would throw them out for consideration.

Thanks for the tip....

It happens inside..... and without a bluetooth headset.

Thanks for tip.

tl_1981 no está en línea Stack level 2

I haven't noticed the cutting out part, but I have noticed that when the phone is too low on my face or on the left side sometimes people can't hear me at all. I'm guessing it's because of the microphone being on th e left side of the device?

julietakako no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know if there's some type of software that would increase the volume? The volume on my speaker seems too be a little to low. They have something like that for the Palm platform but not sure about BB. Thanks

painter no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B11D50

J:

On Verizon i have to upgrade my software every so often.....*228 send to get a better connection. And just maybe that person is farther away from the tower........i have an ex in Wyo that this happens with. She's on the edge in more way than one...LOL

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

Folks,

The 8703e does NOT transfer any PIN, e-mail or web data while in a call. Even on a 3G (in this case, EVDO) network, You can only have voice or packet data happening at one time, never both simultaneously. The only thing the phone MIGHT receive is an SMS message during a call, but just about all CDMA phones with SMS capability can do this normally and without audio cutting out.

The data transfer you are seeing at the end of a call is the device playing "catch up" and reconciling with the server to retrieve any new messages that might have arrived while you were on a call.

As for the outgoing audio cutting out, I haven't experienced this problem with my 8703e. Either the network coverage is poor there, or the device itself may need to be exchanged.

Lastly, *228 only updates the preferred Roaming List on Verizon. It doesn't update firmware. It MAY offer an imporvement is a new tower or new EVDO coverage has gone online recently, but if that hasn't happened, then it's unlikely that a PRL update will make too much of a difference.