Sorry in advance for the long post/question. I've had my BB 8703e on Verizon for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kittybooda no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e (Verizon) and Jawbone BT headset won't stay connected

Advertisement

Sorry in advance for the long post/question.

I've had my BB 8703e on Verizon for about two weeks. My problem is that I cannot get the BB to stay connected to my Jawbone headset. It stays paired, just not connected. It disconnects after every call, and sometimes disconnects and reconnects multiple times in the space between calls. Having to manually re-connect the headset and the phone is beyond frustrating.

I have tried:
    1) deleting the device and re-pairing,
    2) changing the setting on the BB,
    3) restoring factory settings on the Jawbone.

The jawbone works fine on my old (POS) Treo 700w, and an old Jabra headset works relatively well with the BB. So it's not the equipment.

Jawbone's FAQ says the headsets "may underperform" with phones on a CDMA network. (Not sure what the network and bluetooth have to do with each other.) But my Treo 700w is on Verizon, as is my husband's (deluxe POS) Samsung "Smart" phone so it seems like Verizon's CDMA network is compatible with the Jawbone.

I am about the return the BB to Verizon to switch to a device that works with the Jawbone. Switching to another headset is not an option. I am a rabid Jawbone fan.

Are there any users out there who have had success using the Jawbone with the Verizon 8703e?

If so, any tips?

Many thanks!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 8703e (Verizon) and Jawbone BT headset won't stay connected

Welcome to pinstack. Not sure about your problem, someone else may be helpful.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you must really love that jawbone ;-)

Go to sprint, all your problems well go away.

kittybooda no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint's not an option, unfortunately. Verizon's the only carrier I've found in LA that works consistently in the hills and the canyons and at the beach (as well as elevators and parking garages). My clients really like it when I can actually remain connected to them for the duration of our calls.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hehe ya, a phone that works is the most important thing.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, I use the Jawbone with my VZW 8703e (OS v4.10.377, Platform 2.2.0.176), and it is an awesome pair! I purchased my first Jawbone from BestBuy, and I could not get the two pair no matter what I did. I returned the headset because nobody at BestBuy was of any help at all. I purchased a second Jawbone at a local Cingular/AT&T store (with AT&T branded box), and it paired with problem at all, and I have been using it successfully ever since. The first unit that I purchased was obviously defective.

Bluetooth settings on the 8703e are:

-- Trusted: Yes
    -- Encryption: Enabled
    -- Echo Control: Automatic

Services recognized are:

-- Hands-Free unit
    -- Headset

Have you tried removing the device and repairing?
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-01-2007 at 02:10 PM.

tj_333 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c67fd2a

Quote Originally Posted by kittybooda
    Sorry in advance for the long post/question.

I've had my BB 8703e on Verizon for about two weeks. My problem is that I cannot get the BB to stay connected to my Jawbone headset. It stays paired, just not connected. It disconnects after every call, and sometimes disconnects and reconnects multiple times in the space between calls. Having to manually re-connect the headset and the phone is beyond frustrating.
    Had a Jawbone and was extremely impressed with it...until it started doing exactly what you are describing. Sometimes I was completely unable to reconnect the headset to the phone and the only option was to give it a timeout.

Out of frustration, returned my jawbone to Best Buy and one of the geek squad techs told me that he just returned his jawbone for the same reason....I saw the post from someone else that a different jawbone worked better, maybe their quality control is the issue and we both had defective jawbones?

I thought it may have been a problem with my BB (8703e, but on Sprint) but my new Moto H9 has absolutely no problem staying connected...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i may have to check out this jawbone heh. I just bought the jabra 500 and love it. Coming from another brand that soundes fuzzy every conversation. I well have to check out the jawbone.

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i may have to check out this jawbone heh. I just bought the jabra 500 and love it. Coming from another brand that soundes fuzzy every conversation. I well have to check out the jawbone.
    I have tried countless Bluetooth headsets (Jabra, Motorola, Nextlink, etc.) in the past, and the Jawbone clearly outperforms every one of them IMO. The biggest difference appears to be the sound quality on the other end of the call.
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-02-2007 at 09:23 AM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sweet, I may have to check what are company cost is on it, I would hate to buy another bt though heh.

Quote Originally Posted by tj_333
    Had a Jawbone and was extremely impressed with it...

I thought it may have been a problem with my BB (8703e, but on Sprint) but my new Moto H9 has absolutely no problem staying connected...
    I forgot to ask -- how does the sound performance compare between the Jawbone and the Motorola H9, especially as far as noise reduction? Just curious as the Jawbone is the only device that people don't complain about noise on the distant end of the call.