I've had my 8703 e for about 3 months now. I like the phone a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gabefoo no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e Users

I've had my 8703 e for about 3 months now. I like the phone a lot, but aside from tethering it as a modem, email, and phone calls I dont use it all that much. I'd like to know what are some of the capabilities of this phone. I'm virtually clueless as to how I'd get msging programs, GPS, media players, etc on this phone. Is it even possible to have those things? After finding this site, I just feel that my phone is capable of much more and I might as well put it to use. Thanks

sele no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8703e Users

I found that the best way to discover applications is to read the 3rd party software section of the forums. There is tons of information in there. Some of my favorite apps are: beyond411 and infospace. For IM try jivetalk or IM+. For the GPS it depends on which carrier you are on. Some carriers have the gps crippled so that you have to purchase a gps program for an additional fee. Sprint, for example, the gps is not crippled and you can use it with blackberry maps or try the MapQuest Navigator 90 day trial. These are some of the ones I use, I am sure there will be many more suggestions for you.