Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Any word on a CDMA version for the 8703e yet???... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Spynguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3025E9BC

Re: 8703e Upgrade to 4.2

Advertisement

Any word on a CDMA version for the 8703e yet???

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    It really shouldn't be surprising considering how little memory the 87xx's have...
    Sure, you can't exactly store much on the 87s. But, what's there should be able to be attached to new email.

bvandrasik no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spynguy
    Any word on a CDMA version for the 8703e yet???
    Yes, it's out and we are all running it. We are just hiding it from you.

tj_333 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c67fd2a

Quote Originally Posted by bvandrasik
    Yes, it's out and we are all running it. We are just hiding it from you.
    I KNEW IT! Come on guys, I want to pay too! Pretty please?

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

they tech guy that lives next door said verizon is not interested in 4.2 for 8703 and it will not be avaible
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : 8703e Upgrade to 4.2

Now that the 8830 is available thru almost every CDMA carrier, it should be soon.
    But this is as long as they plan on releasing it, I spoke with my RIM rep and he told me that this is really buggy, laggy, and the GPS won't work anymore so I'm not sure if provider will release it if it's that way since technical support will be flooded with people yelling that their 8703e isn't working well anymore..

My 2 cents

Sn1p3r
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Oh well, I guess I might have to break down and get the 8830 them. Oh well, I hope that I get the same deal thet others have got if I go that route.

PIN/ID
    4c67fd2a

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    Oh well, I guess I might have to break down and get the 8830 them. Oh well, I hope that I get the same deal thet others have got if I go that route.

At the risk of asking a stupid question...and honestly, I don't know why the fear of that is slowing me down - you'd think I was used to it by now - why does everyone with an 8703 want OS 4.2?

I was thinking about it today - and I actually called sprint (and then hung up when the expected wait time was greater than 20 minutes) to see if I could talk them into the $199 deal to get me the 8830 - and honestly, the only thing that the 8830 has that my 8703 does not is VoiceSignal.

I'll confess...prior to my conversion to the BB world, I very happily used a Samsung SPH-i600 which had VoiceSignal, and the application just absolutely rocks - but is it worth $200? Sure, it's not as sexy, but $200 will buy you a whole lot of Voice Command. Yeah, it'd be cool to be able to watch YouTube on my BB, but again, is it worth $200? Not for me...for that, I'll just suffer through tethering my phone to my laptop and watching dogs skateboard through my laptop.

So what am I missing? If they don't release 4.2 for the 8703, what is the compelling reason to fork out $200 for the 8830 (assuming you can even talk them into the $200 deal)?

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ditto. I just don't get it either.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tj_333
    At the risk of asking a stupid question...and honestly, I don't know why the fear of that is slowing me down - you'd think I was used to it by now - why does everyone with an 8703 want OS 4.2?

I was thinking about it today - and I actually called sprint (and then hung up when the expected wait time was greater than 20 minutes) to see if I could talk them into the $199 deal to get me the 8830 - and honestly, the only thing that the 8830 has that my 8703 does not is VoiceSignal.

I'll confess...prior to my conversion to the BB world, I very happily used a Samsung SPH-i600 which had VoiceSignal, and the application just absolutely rocks - but is it worth $200? Sure, it's not as sexy, but $200 will buy you a whole lot of Voice Command. Yeah, it'd be cool to be able to watch YouTube on my BB, but again, is it worth $200? Not for me...for that, I'll just suffer through tethering my phone to my laptop and watching dogs skateboard through my laptop.

So what am I missing? If they don't release 4.2 for the 8703, what is the compelling reason to fork out $200 for the 8830 (assuming you can even talk them into the $200 deal)?
    There are other BIS 2.3 features that only work with OS 4.2 like iCal for calendar invites and receiving voicemail wav files. The release is always up to the carrier's discression. I personally hate the 8830 and will wait for Verizon to release the curve even if they release 4.2 for the 8703e.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by richardrblc
    they tech guy that lives next door said verizon is not interested in 4.2 for 8703 and it will not be avaible
    Maybe. I heard from my VZW inside source that they haven't determined whether or not they will release it. Still being tested as we speak.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I get my voice mail's as email and I currently have to open my laptop when I travel to get them. I wanted to be able to get them on my phone. This would save allot of time and make for faster responses. That is all I want is to be able to play unified messages on my phone.

PIN/ID
    4c67fd2a

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    I get my voice mail's as email and I currently have to open my laptop when I travel to get them. I wanted to be able to get them on my phone. This would save allot of time and make for faster responses. That is all I want is to be able to play unified messages on my phone.
    Valid - and with the capability to do that, I would take advantage of that on my 8703, but instead I either tether and download or call in. I own a small business so the calendar features are not that important to me - I keep my calender on my BB but I don't schedule appointments with others that way....again, I'm reduced to voicedial for $200 or hope 4.2 is released. A camera would be a compelling reasonto switch, but that's the curve and not for CDMA for now...

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have spoke with my contact @ RIM who is the key point rep for Alltel. He assures me that 4.2 shall be dropped in Aug. We are playing with the 8830 now so the software works. There just working out the kinks. U know that RIM is not one for loose ends.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by tj_333
    Compare the two at Blackberry.com. There's a tool to check out specs and features side-by-side. Off the top of my head, international GSM support on the 8830 is one difference but there are some others as well IIRC. Whether or not they're worthwhile to you is a YMMV matter.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast