I have a 8703e and currently running version 4.1.0.377 on alltel. I can not get ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

waterhead no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e today theme

Advertisement

I have a 8703e and currently running version 4.1.0.377 on alltel. I can not get any 4.2 version to load successfully but was wanting a "today" type theme. Does anyone know if this is possible without the 4.2 version upgrade? Alltel claims they are not planning on doing any BBOS upgrades for the 8703e. I guess they would rather sell a new phone.

geneatals no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8703e today theme

this thread might help...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ion_today.html

remember: don't load a 4.2 os theme on your device if you are running 4.1 os, it could wipe your bb. This link is for a 4.1 os device, i had it on my 8703e before i upgraded to the 4.2os. There is a 4.2 os upgrade via vzw for the 8703e

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

good luck

Is this a theme for 4.1 version or 4.2? Just wanted to check and make sure. Stupidly I tried download a 4.2 version but since I'm on Alltel it didn't work and took me about 3 hours to get my BB back working.

Awesome. Works great. I should have done this post first and I could have save myself alot of time. I went ahead and downloaded since I looked and the forum you posted was right about the same time v4.2 came out internationally i think.

geneatals no está en línea Stack level 2

glad it worked....

Lpriee no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm still looking for a today theme. 4.2 8703e

Anyone have a link for a good one?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

99prelude32 no está en línea Stack level 1

does the verizon 4.2 upgrade 0n a 8703 compatible with us cellular 8703? because i know that us cellular is not coming out with an upgrade.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 99prelude32 View Post
    does the verizon 4.2 upgrade 0n a 8703 compatible with us cellular 8703? because i know that us cellular is not coming out with an upgrade.
    Yes, they are both CDMA networks. To install it, download the file and install on your PC, delete the vendor.xml file and run DM. You can download it directly here: http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/blac...A4.2.1.106.exe

karnage209 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think the today theme works on 4.2 8703e. because i already tried and it won't load.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i used several today themes on my 8703e as long as they are for the 4.2 and that is the OS you are using.

Soxfan04 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am currently using the bphone Today theme for 4.2 OS on my Verizon 8703e. I do not have a link but try a search on google and you will find it.

I have a couple of Today themes listed here on my blog for download. They are for the 4.2 OS so you need that first.
    http://blog.newmotiondesigns.com/?page_id=17

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: 8703e today theme

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan04 View Post
    I am currently using the bphone Today theme for 4.2 OS on my Verizon 8703e. I do not have a link but try a search on google and you will find it.
    http://rogersmj.com/tech/blackberry/bphone/

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    I have a 8703e and currently running version 4.1.0.377 on alltel. I can not get any 4.2 version to load successfully but was wanting a "today" type theme. Does anyone know if this is possible without the 4.2 version upgrade? Alltel claims they are not planning on doing any BBOS upgrades for the 8703e. I guess they would rather sell a new phone.
    You can do the OS upgrade if you want. If you need assistance with it let me know. You can download the 4.2 OS directly from here: http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/blac...A4.2.1.106.exe

After downloading and before installing, uninstall your current BB OS system (4.1.0.377) from your PC via the control panel add remove programs. This will remove the old OS, then install the new OS, remove the vendor.xml file from the AppLoader folder found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    You can then run DM and it should find the updated version. Let me know if this helps.