Hi Guys, I have an 8703e and tried loading theme c28700zenblackandblue.alx under "Similar Threads for: ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

supadups no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e still hourglassing, pinstack workaround not helping :(

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I have an 8703e and tried loading theme c28700zenblackandblue.alx under "Similar Threads for: NEW: 8700 themes for 4.2.1 OS or higher" but now cannot connect to the BB to update the firmware or wipe it. Connection settings will not detect the por tand using javaloader below to wipe will give me the following error. Before this I tried steps 1-13 below to no avail. Pulling the battery, removing BB software from PC, rebooting and even num,cap,delling on the bb is not helping. I dont want to take in the bb for service, is there anybody who can help?

C:\>javaloader -u wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2006 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    Error: unable to open port
    C:\>

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bumb out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

after the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8703e still hourglassing, pinstack workaround not helping :(

are you sure you followed the instructions EXACTLY? if you omit one little thing it will not work -- I learned this the hard way.

Yup so far I have. I have even downloaded and installed the latest BB software and vendor (Telus) software. I delete the vendor.xml file, pull out the batter but I cant get past step 4 below. I receive the message "device not found" when trying to detect the device under "connection settings". Any ideas?
    1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"

man, I dont know what to tell you, it sounds like your new theme hosed your bb and it should be fixable. hopefully someone else will have some ideas -- good luck!

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Ok Im very very new at this so if something is wrong please someone say so but I had the same problem as you. Everyone here tried to help me. I came across this thread and this is exactly what I did and now my bb is brand new! Here is what I did:

.CANNOT CONNECT TO DM NO MATTER WHAT "DEVICE NOT FOUND. . . and I read some posts and came across this: You have to go to Device Manager on WinXP (right click the 'My Computer' icon -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager).

Select the USB Device Icons and scan for hardware changes on all of them and then update right click and update driver information on all of them. And then the Blackberry will be recognized by the system.

I had to reload everything and erase the theme I was loading at the time when it crashed. I lost all my phone numbers in my phone. But a least it is WORKING!!! I installed a theme that my bb didnt like and didnt work well. I got the hourglass nightmare and my desktop manager didnt recognize my device. This worked for me so good luck! Let us know.

Happy you are the man! That did the trick, what I actually did instead was uninstall all USB devices, scanned for HW changes and it somehow picked up the BB. Must have been a corrupted USB driver preventing it from detecting the BB. Either way I really appreciate your help. God Bless!

I'm glad you're back in business!

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Yeah I helped someone!!!! LOL Glad its working.

Oh by the way. Im a woman. Women rule!!! Plus my name is happy and is a man happy? LOL
    Last edited by happy1240; 10-05-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged.

You are right Happy no men are happy...I certainly am not! But you can go into the weekend having the satisfaction that you made my day by getting me back up and running. All the best!