I have a 8703e through Alltel (software v. 4.1.0.373), actually this is my second one ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dcewolf no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e shutdown issue

Advertisement

I have a 8703e through Alltel (software v. 4.1.0.373), actually this is my second one and I'm past my 30 days for them just exchanging to a new one. Anyway, with my previous 8703 and this one it will randomly not shutdown properly. You go to shut it down - the splash screen for Alltel comes up and then it stops. You still get notified if emails or calls come in but the only way to get it to shutdown then is to either remove then replace the battery or alt+cap+del and get it to reboot. I thought it was a fluke with the first one or a program I had installed but this one is doing it with no added programs..... Oh and it occurs when you use the power button to shutdown, when you use the shutdown icon on the menu, or even sometimes when you are using the auto on/off feature....

Anybody experience this or have any ideas as to a solution??

Thanky

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 8703e shutdown issue

Blackberry will never really turn unless you remove the battery... These phones are made to be available 24/7
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Both my Pearl and my 7100t shut down normally (with one exception during testing) when using:

the Power button on the top of the 7100t
    the Turn Power Off icon on the 7100t's homescreen
    the Turn Power Off icon on the Pearl's homescreen
    the Power Off button on the front of the Pearl

For some reason I'm not able to turn off the 7100t using the red phone/power button on the front of the device.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You sure that's power? looks like just the hangup button to me. The pearl has that dual option button but I dunno about the 7100t.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    You sure that's power? looks like just the hangup button to me. The pearl has that dual option button but I dunno about the 7100t.
    LOL That's why it didn't work then. I didn't use my 7100t as a phone very much when I was using it so I didn't really know what it did. I only really started using the BB to its full potential when I got the 7105t.