I have a new 8703e that keeps going black in the middle of sending emails. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

BBNovice no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b0eff1

8703e screen keeps blacking out

Advertisement

I have a new 8703e that keeps going black in the middle of sending emails. It is not the standby mode (I have even made that longer to avoid standby blackouts)--it just goes black while I am typing. Sometimes is comes right back if I press a key (like in standby) other times it stays black for 30-60 seconds, and no amount of pressing or clicking will get it to return. Verizon replaced the equipment but it happens with the new handset. Now they are thinking it is my network...whatever it is, it is very annoying. Has anyone else experienced/solved this problem?

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am on the same network but haven't experienced the same problem you have.

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    Has this been a constant issue or did it start after you installed a new program???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8703e screen keeps blacking out

BBNovice, Welcome to PinStack.

That doesn't sound like a network problem to me. Have you tried a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in)?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    32b0eff1

Thanks for all your replies. I have tried the cold reboot with no change in the problem.

The blacking out problem is intermittent, but when it happens, it happens multiple times (blacks out, comes back, blacks out for longer, comes back.)

My support center has now ordered a third new handset--hoping that third time is the charm.

Another weird symptom--when it blacks out and won't come back by pressing keys, if I move the handset around (like TV antennas-remember) sometimes it comes back. I know, weird.

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Is "auto backlight" turned on? If so, try turn it off and see if it makes any difference?? If it does make difference, then it sounds like light sensor is the problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    32b0eff1

Great minds think alike! I tried that (read something on some website actually) but it did not help. I am still blacking out...sometimes 4-5 times in a row. I thought it might be the "alt" key because it would blackout when I was typing in my password when I got to the number (pressing alt and 6). It would do this 4-5 times in a row until it finally took my password and let me work. I changed my password but it still keeps happening-but of course, the passwords require a number. It happens other times as well-not just in the password log in screen.

I am pretty frustrated and while I am willing to try again with another handset, if it keeps happening, I am going to change to a different model.