Hello - great forum. I have a question about my 8703e; how do I remove ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

AJE
    AJE no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e - Remove BES account by using the device

Advertisement

Hello - great forum. I have a question about my 8703e; how do I remove the BES account linked to my device from the device itself without having access to the server? Reason I ask; see below for a brief summary.

My ex-business partner and I have split; no longer doing business together and we are not exactly on speaking terms. Since I was half owner of the business I was able to remove my Verizon account from the business account and get it to personal. However, I am still getting email from our Enterprise Server which I no longer wish to receive, and I was wondering if I could remove my account from the device itself since he has the server and I do not have access to it. Also I do not want him to have access to my device whatsoever, which I believe he still might because of the BES. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AJE

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8703e - Remove BES account by using the device

You can try following the instructions here. Follow them carefully, each step.
    http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.com/directions2.htm

You will need the latest DM ver. 4.3 found here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Make sure you choose desktop manager 4.3, when you install it make sure to choose "install with Blackberry Internet Service". If you have the latest DM already, be sure it is installed as BIS not BES.

You will also need the latest OS which is 4.2 which you can get from Verizon's site here:
    http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal
    Choose the 8703e from the drop down and "Device Software 4.2" you will need to enter your phone number to download.

After wiping and installing as BIS you should be free of his BES server. You will also need to register the handheld again (options/advanced options/host routing table - click trackwheel and choose register now) and resend your service books from the BIS site.

Let me know how this works for you.

AJE

doughdaddy - thank you - worked flawlessly.

Question 1: I backed up the device before I did anything. If I were to restore that file now would there be anything associated with the former BES connection that my device or the old BES acount might recognise, or will I just get back my address book, messages, etc.?

Question 2: Is there any way my former business partner can "spy" on my device due to his knowledge of my PIN, old account settings, former BES account, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by AJE View Post
    doughdaddy - thank you - worked flawlessly.

Question 1: I backed up the device before I did anything. If I were to restore that file now would there be anything associated with the former BES connection that my device or the old BES acount might recognise, or will I just get back my address book, messages, etc.?

Question 2: Is there any way my former business partner can "spy" on my device due to his knowledge of my PIN, old account settings, former BES account, etc.?
    I am by no means a BES expert but I do not believe he has access anymore to the device. You have removed the BES policies and accounts and registered it with the BIS. Him getting access to the device would require you to reactivate with the BES server first. You should be able to restore anything from backup that were not tied to the BES server. If they were, they may try to resync with the server.

Now that you know what to do, you can always try it and redo if it does not work. What I would suggest is to restore the data, sync with Outlook or such to extract the data and then redo if needed. Then resync with Outlook after restoring the OS again to get the data back on the BB. You may not be able to get the messages back if they were tied to an email address that was part of the BES. They would not have an account to associate with. I would concentrate more with the contacts and calendar.

AJE

Ok - just did a restore to the device. If you select restore, it will replace the policy with the one that was backed up according to the data files listed in the dialogue box. However, if you cancel out of that and select "advanced", you can configure exactly which data files to copy onto the device. So I just did my address book and memo messages - worked flawlessly. The transfer takes place immediately after pressing the arrow button. Thank you again doughdaddy - much appreciate the help you have provided.

Anytime...
    And welcome to the stacks!

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Glad it worked flawlessly and welcome to the free world.

AJE

Thanks for the welcome - and yes I do feel liberated guyheavensent!