I have 4.1 on my Sprint 8703e .... is there a newer version ? and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

Question 8703e os question

Advertisement

I have 4.1 on my Sprint 8703e .... is there a newer version ? and would a newer version allow my phone to do more things and if so how and what ?... thanks in advance, also, I have had in the past both the pearl and the curve, but i was wondering what os i should have on the 8703

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can go here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E which is Sprint's download site for BB updates. 4.2 is available via this download.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    thanks !! got it, now.. how do i load it ? i have 4.5 dtm but i dont see where it says to load os, thanks again !!!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Download the new OS...double-click the setup file and go through the desktop installation. Once that is complete, it will prompt you to connect your device to the DM and the installation will begin to upgrade your OS.

Follow this guide here if you need help: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929 Disregard the step where it advises to delete the "vendor.xml" file because you are downloading the OS for your device/carrier.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Download the new OS...double-click the setup file and go through the desktop installation. Once that is complete, it will prompt you to connect your device to the DM and the installation will begin to upgrade your OS.

Follow this guide here if you need help: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929 Disregard the step where it advises to delete the "vendor.xml" file because you are downloading the OS for your device/carrier.

hey kale, so r u saying if i decided to leave the vendor file when i did the upgrade it wouldnt have affected the upgrade to my phone?? but by removing the vendor i am technically installing the vendor of where it came from, technically losing functions one had originally with their carrier such as sprint radio??? (for 8330)
    totally off subject sorry just curious
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    The vendor file matches your BB provider to the os you are installing. If you have a sprint BB and are installing a sprint OS you don't have to remove it. But, if you have a sprint BB but are installing another provider's os you must delete the vendor file or the os won't install.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok gotcha... just making sure... thank you
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd