I have a BB 8703e from Alltel and just recently my scroll wheel semi-broke as ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

8703e Hardware question

I have a BB 8703e from Alltel and just recently my scroll wheel semi-broke as it doesn't "click" when you press it in to select. It "clicks" as you scroll it up or down, but doesn't "click" when I press on it, and it is now very touchy when you press so sometimes I'm selecting items I don't mean to as I scroll with it.
    Question 1: How easy/expensive would it be to replace the scroll wheel or the broken "clicky" thing to get this back to normal?
    Question 2: My brother has the exact same model but with CellurOne that he doesn't use anymore, does the 8703e have a SIM card I can pull out and place in his unused one and have everything be right in the world? Thanks.

TheLorax

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Blog Entries
    You cannot use a SIM card on the Alltel network. GSM phones use SIM, not CDMA.

You can go to http://cnn.cn and purchase a new "clicky" thing and I believe there is a step-by-step video on the site for replacing it.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, I'll check that out. VERY annoying after 2 wks of no-clicky... Have another question (which I'll also post for everyone) A co-worker has a BB 8830 World Edition w/ Sprint. They are ditching it and I was wondering if I bought it from them, could I get it activated on the Alltel network and ditch my current 8703e? Thanks.