I'm a newbie to blackberries and I just got a 8703e from verizon. It has ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

albatross no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8703e backlight won't turn off

Advertisement

I'm a newbie to blackberries and I just got a 8703e from verizon. It has worked great for the last week, and now, all of the sudden my backlight will not turn off. I have set and reset the automatic backlight feature on and off. I have also done soft and hard resets trying to get it to work again. I'm sure I'm missing something but i can'tfigure it out. Please help! I don't want to have to charge the thing twice a day because the backlight chewed up all the battery.

Thanks in advance.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: 8703e backlight won't turn off

albatross, welcome to the stacks! I think you might find that your BB has an auto sensor for different ambient lighting situations. Don't worry, battery life on BBs is, like much else, awesome. Enjoy!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

albatross, Welcome to PinStack.

How long is your Backlight Timeout set for? Try changing the setting and see if that works. Does it turn off when you put it in the holster?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi albatross, welcome to pinstack. This happens all the time to me, different device though. What I do is remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then I replace the battery and it solves the problem. Good luck.

originalog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b14357

I also have the same blackberry from verizon and I am having the same problem, I changed the settings to 20sec inactivity turns off the backlight an its still not working