Hey all - I got my first ever BB a few weeks ago, and I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

amujahid no está en línea Stack level 2

8703e and google maps

Advertisement

Hey all -

I got my first ever BB a few weeks ago, and I absolutely LOVE IT. I got the 8703e on Verizon. Verizon certainly brought sexy back with this device. Anyway, is anyone else having problems with google maps on this device?? I can download it but I cannot launch it. It tries to load and then I get a network error that the BB must be reconfigured. Has VZW disabled google maps from working on the 8703e? I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but I wanted to know from you guys...also - any insigts on a good (free) msn messenger client?

If you guys can provide anymore COOL apps to download for this device, let me know.

Thanks!!!!

osbornem no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also have a new 8703e w/Sprint. My Google Maps works great.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7
    I am running with an 8703e on Vzw and google maps works flawless for me. Its great. Try deleting it and re-downloading the program.

interesting...I have deleted it and downloaded it several times and sofar no luck. I keep getting the same network error. If anyone has any other thoughts please let me know.

Thanks!

Ok, here is the error I get:

NETWORK ERROR

This program requires a data connection, and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly. Please visit google.com/gmm on your computer for more info.

I tried the instructions on the site for deleting the "IPP for 5 click" and registering from the routing table. but I still get this msg. Can anyone help? Please!!!!?????

Thanks so much!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi amu, welcome to pinstack. Do you have a data plan on your BB? Are you on a company BB, or is it your personal? Just trying to help figure this out...

Thanks for your help on this.

I am on vzw with the unlimited data plan, and it's a personal account, not corporate phone.

I can't figure this out and it's driving me nuts!! I've uninstalled and re-installed so many times, and each time I get the same msg. It tries to load the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, and then it gets this error.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Wierd...i'm. With VZW as well and google maps has worked great for me from the beginning!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hankster no está en línea Stack level 1
    I actually work for VZW and I cant get it to download. There are third party apps that you can download from Handango to get a similar version that works just as well.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    amujahid, Go to Options/Advanced Options/Browser. What is your Default Browser Configuration set to?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lrbedan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,
    I actually work for a company that has several Blackberry's. We are having the same problem, but it is very random. I have at least 5 BB's that have had no problems downloading and using Google Maps. However, we also have two units that are getting this exact same error message. All devices are Blackberry 8700's with an unlimited data plan.

Our Browser settings are set to Blackberry Browser, Blackberry Browser & Cingular Browser.

I've check the settings, on the different devices, against each other, and they all seem to be the same, so I can't figure out why this Software works on one device and not another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello lrbedan, welcome to pinstack. Could the BB's that wont let the apps works have any it policies on them?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8703e and google maps

lrbedan, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles