Starting in April 2008, through VZW, I started a 2-year contract with two devices: a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bluebeam no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e and a phone: Mistake?

Advertisement

Starting in April 2008, through VZW, I started a 2-year contract with two devices: a Blackberry 8703e and an LG VX8700 phone. Being new to BB, I liked this late model 8703e. I am trying to use the 8703e, which its voice plan and separate number, for side business, while the LG phone is small, has the camera and is good for weekends. I am fumbling between the two devices now and having my doubts -- and I am paying for it with the double cost. Do you recommend I just get a new (smaller) blackberry by cancelling my contracts, paying the cancellation fee and starting new? Maybe sell the phone on eBay? (I'm committed to Blackberry). No employer is paying for one device. It is all out of my wallet. Is it nuts to have two devices these days?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have 2 devices. My main phone is my 8120. My other phone is a nearly 2 year old sidekick 3.

The only reason I use the Sidekick is for the full keyboard, MySpace app and the fact that it has a text message capacity (only holds 130 texts).

If my BlackBerry could have both apps (MySpace coming soon, I already have FaceBook), and the limit on incoming text capacity, I'd ditch the sidekick.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebeam View Post
    Starting in April 2008, through VZW, I started a 2-year contract with two devices: a Blackberry 8703e and an LG VX8700 phone. Being new to BB, I liked this late model 8703e. I am trying to use the 8703e, which its voice plan and separate number, for side business, while the LG phone is small, has the camera and is good for weekends. I am fumbling between the two devices now and having my doubts -- and I am paying for it with the double cost. Do you recommend I just get a new (smaller) blackberry by cancelling my contracts, paying the cancellation fee and starting new? Maybe sell the phone on eBay? (I'm committed to Blackberry). No employer is paying for one device. It is all out of my wallet. Is it nuts to have two devices these days?
    In my opinion I would definitely start new. How much does Verizon charge to break contract? If you have the blackberry plan then I'm sure that you are paying close to 100 bucks a month for that plan. So in the long run you will be getting out cheaper by canceling now and just getting one phone.

This is just my opinion though don't let me make any wrong decision for you.
    -Josh

bluebeam no está en línea Stack level 1
    I cancelled my phone contract and am now using the 8703e full time. Thanks for the thoughts. My LG phone is very much in demand so I likely will ebay it.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~When you get an upgrade, go for the Curve or 8900. You will love it. I switched to the Curve about 6 months ago.