Hello everyone, I need help with installing blackberry desktop on my windows vista pc. Everytime ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851

8703e

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I need help with installing blackberry desktop on my windows vista pc. Everytime i try to install i get an error message is it my pc or what. can you please help

dcgree no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    221940AC

Re: 8703e

dchandler: I'm getting the same message, I wonder if it is compatible with Vista?

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

i am running it fine on VIsta Ultimate x64, download it from Blackberry website, SP2 version. Do not use the Sprint software that came with the BB, Sprint software not compatible with Vista

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, you must use Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 or later. These are the only Vista compatible versions.

Second, when you run the installer, RIGHT CLICK on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Third, SP1 works fine, but SP2 includes Roxio Media Manager. Aside from the 200+MB it adds to the package (and more than that once installed!), it's very invasive. I haven't looked at it under Vista yet, but my gut says it will cause problems. You can use SP2 and select a custom installation and not install Media Manager.

Finally, the package you download is a self extracting Zip file. If you simply run it, it will extract itself to the %TEMP% directory, and the installer (MSI) may eventually get deleted. If you then attempt to modify it, you will not be able to change any settings because the MSI is missing. I recommend extracting the file you download to a permanent location and running BlackBerrySetup.exe (as Administrator) from there. Then you can change your setup at a later date if needed. If you do this with SP2 and know you don't want Media Manager, you can delete the SR_MM directory from the folder you extract to. If you install from the CD, just make sure you don't loose it!
    JerryD

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851

I tried to install it the way you said but i keep get this message (Error 2738. Could not Access VBscript run time for custom action) I dont no what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    First, you must use Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 or later. These are the only Vista compatible versions.

Second, when you run the installer, RIGHT CLICK on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Third, SP1 works fine, but SP2 includes Roxio Media Manager. Aside from the 200+MB it adds to the package (and more than that once installed!), it's very invasive. I haven't looked at it under Vista yet, but my gut says it will cause problems. You can use SP2 and select a custom installation and not install Media Manager.

Finally, the package you download is a self extracting Zip file. If you simply run it, it will extract itself to the %TEMP% directory, and the installer (MSI) may eventually get deleted. If you then attempt to modify it, you will not be able to change any settings because the MSI is missing. I recommend extracting the file you download to a permanent location and running BlackBerrySetup.exe (as Administrator) from there. Then you can change your setup at a later date if needed. If you do this with SP2 and know you don't want Media Manager, you can delete the SR_MM directory from the folder you extract to. If you install from the CD, just make sure you don't loose it!

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is the error 2738 a windows error? If yes then goto microsoft and type in the error and there should be answer. What vista are you running? 32 bit or x64