My church pastor has an 8703c. He has AT&T and he has not been able ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jfarr2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8703c receiving mail but can't send...

My church pastor has an 8703c. He has AT&T and he has not been able to send emails for almost a year! Why he hasn't looked into this is beyond me. He mentioned it on Sunday and I told him I would check it out. I have set up all the BlackBerry's we use here at the bank, but other than that not much troubleshooting on any. He can receive emails but cannot send, he can send SMS text messages and receive. They are on a POP3 mail server. It's just strange he can recieve mail but cannot send. He can access the browser and cruise around. I'm thinking its the way his email is set up. I tried to get into the settings but he can't remember his password. I tried getting out on the BIS and gain access but it says the PIN and IMEI number I am putting in is incorrect. I'm thinking hard reset on this device??? I tried looking for a post that was similar but couldn't locate one. He is flying back to New York tomorrow because his wife is undergoing some major cancer treatments. He desperately needs to be able to send emails and I was hoping to get this figured out for him. If anyone has an idea let me know.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    He probably just needs the service books reloaded. A BlackBerry will receive emails based on PIN even without the associated service books, but without them you can't send.

First, on the BlackBerry, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books, scroll through the list and if you find any service books that start with an email address and end in [CMIME] or [CICAL], click the wheel and select Delete.

If he never logged into the AT&T BlackBerry Web site on a computer (never established an ID and password for the site), he should be able to use the Internet Browser (don't use the MediaNet or WAP Browser) to go there and log in automatically. The URL is:
    If he has an ID and password, he can log in on any computer.

Now, select Service Books on the left, then click the [Send Service Books] button on the resulting screen. He should get them within 30 seconds, and once he has them, he should be able to send emails.

sageone no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB ( you ever resolve this? The problem might be that the SMTP account is not configured correctly.