Anyone know why the track wheel would occasionaly skip forward or backward? It did this ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Lfarmer no está en línea Stack level 2

8703 Track Wheel Issue

Advertisement

Anyone know why the track wheel would occasionaly skip forward or backward? It did this before but went away on its own. I almost seems like it has dust or something breaking the contacts (the phone is only 4 month old and it hasn't been dropped or other wise abused). Any ideas, it is maddening trying to scroll through my email. I have already checked options-keyboard/screen, that only effects key rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lfarmer View Post
    Anyone know why the track wheel would occasionaly skip forward or backward? It did this before but went away on its own. I almost seems like it has dust or something breaking the contacts (the phone is only 4 month old and it hasn't been dropped or other wise abused). Any ideas, it is maddening trying to scroll through my email. I have already checked options-keyboard/screen, that only effects key rate.
    I'm thinking that it's gotten dirty somehow - Find a non-conductive electronics spray cleaner (I use Radio Shack's "Color TV Tuner Cleaner" on components of a sound system I run)and try it. If that doesn't do it, get a T6 and do surgery - the trackwheel is really easy to figure out when you see it nekkid! Clear instructions on how to take apart your 87 are at YouTube, do a search and it comes up at the top of the list.
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 04-09-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks, I am thinking the same way. I just thought I would check and see if this is a frequent problem.

Contact cleaner seems to have cleared it up, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lfarmer View Post
    Contact cleaner seems to have cleared it up, thanks!
    Great! Glad it worked . . .