I'm new to the BB. I set up exceptions to the active profile so that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

shotokanrabb no está en línea Stack level 1

8703 ringtone exception when BB locked

Advertisement

I'm new to the BB. I set up exceptions to the active profile so that I can identify certain clients when they call. It works well however I found that when I lock the BB then all calls revert to the active profile ring. What am I doing wrong. I need to lock the BB when carrying it in my pocket to avoid accidental calls.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8703 ringtone exception when BB locked

Shoto~b:

When you select "Profiles", you should see "Use Active Profile Except For:" and below that should be the clients that you've setup for particular tones. Make sure there is a "check" marked next to each client. I just tried for myself and it worked with the phone locked. Hope this helps.

Ga.

shotokanrabb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8703 ringtone exception when BB locked

It doesn't help but Thanks. I think I've isolated the problem to a security overlay that my company has placed on my BB which doesn't allow me to disable content protection in the locked mode. When calls come in, no name is associated with the call in the locked mode only. This most likely prevents the exception ring tones. Does this sound like a plausable explanation?