I just got my BB and activated it 2 days ago. I haven't been able ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Signal_Corp no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up 8703 Outlook address ?'s

Advertisement

I just got my BB and activated it 2 days ago. I haven't been able to get a clear answer on this. Is there no way possible if using BES to compose an email using the Outlook online address book?

Also, I've tried to send my contacts via bluetooth from my Sanyo 8400 to my BB 8703 and it don't want to accept them. I'm guessing that this has been disabled. Is there any way to enable this or some way around it?

Thanks in advance...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8703 Outlook address ?'s

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Why don't you just synchronize it with Outlook? If you aren't on a BES just use Desktop Mgr; if you are on a BES and your contacts haven't automagically come down from Exchange then see your BES admin.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~on the bluetooth I do know that the Blackberry doesn't have for sending contacts with others except blackberry's. I tried the same using my windows mobile device and couldn't.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by Signal_Corp

Also, I've tried to send my contacts via bluetooth from my Sanyo 8400 to my BB 8703 and it don't want to accept them. I'm guessing that this has been disabled. Is there any way to enable this or some way around it?

Thanks in advance...
    Bluetooth only supports voice. Not being able to transfer is a security thing since the BB is mainly a business device. However, given that more and more general consumers are converting,that could change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Why don't you just synchronize it with Outlook? If you aren't on a BES just use Desktop Mgr; if you are on a BES and your contacts haven't automagically come down from Exchange then see your BES admin.
    I am on BES. Haven't seen any contacts show up. I was wondering if I had missed something. Is there a way to request them from the BB or do I have to go thru our admin?

Thanks..

GHStinson no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Bluetooth only supports voice. Not being able to transfer is a security thing since the BB is mainly a business device. However, given that more and more general consumers are converting,that could change in the future.
    I can sync using Bluetooth. I'm using Desktop 4.1 on an 8700g

George

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by GHStinson
    I can sync using Bluetooth. I'm using Desktop 4.1 on an 8700g

George
    Same here, using 4.2 (Dm) but been doing it since 4.1

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Signal_Corp
    I am on BES. Haven't seen any contacts show up. I was wondering if I had missed something. Is there a way to request them from the BB or do I have to go thru our admin?

Thanks..
    If you are on a BES, it should be a part of your Global Address Book. IF not, contact your BES Admin...

It does do a lookup to the Global Address book if I put in a name, just can't view the Global Address book the same as if you were in Outlook which is what I had kind of expected it to be able to do. I haven't bothered to sync my BB yet. From what I understand, there is no way to control what it syncs. It just goes into outlook and syncs everything. My personal Contact folder is setup mainly with email addresses and no contact #'s. I would rather transfer my phonebook from my other phone to my BB. I've also been told that this is not possible.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can't browse the GAL. You can only perform lookups.

The best way to control what syncs and doesn't sync is to move items that you don't want synced to another folder. For example: create a Personal Contacts folder and move the personal contacts you don't want synced into that folder.

As for transferring your phonebook from the other phone, it depends a bit on how the phonebook is stored and what sort of connectivity your phone has. If the numbers are stored on the SIM or can be copied then you can just place the SIM in your BB and copy (assuming your devices are GSM). Otherwise, you'll need to figure out how to sync your phone with Outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    You can't browse the GAL. You can only perform lookups.

The best way to control what syncs and doesn't sync is to move items that you don't want synced to another folder. For example: create a Personal Contacts folder and move the personal contacts you don't want synced into that folder.

As for transferring your phonebook from the other phone, it depends a bit on how the phonebook is stored and what sort of connectivity your phone has. If the numbers are stored on the SIM or can be copied then you can just place the SIM in your BB and copy (assuming your devices are GSM). Otherwise, you'll need to figure out how to sync your phone with Outlook.
    They're CDMA. No SIM. Both devices have bluetooth, but from what I understand, the BB doesn't have the ability to transfer using bluetooth. I'll try moving the items to a different folder and sync... Hopefully that will work for me..

Thanks..