Noticed my outsourced BES provider having problems the other day. BB emails were really slow ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

qcbob no está en línea Stack level 1

8703 Lost all addresses in my Address Groups

Advertisement

Noticed my outsourced BES provider having problems the other day. BB emails were really slow almost like I was a POP user again. I was told that they had to "reboot" my server and everything would be back to normal. After the reboot I lost all of the addresses in my Groups (I have over 100 of them). The group names appear but they are completely empty. This really surprised me because groups have never been connected to the BES server and they have never been backed up. I have always had to back up them the old fashion way....desktop manager. My BES provider has never heard of this happening before and they are "researching" a solution.

I would appreciate any input. I do have a back up copy but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions before I "wipe" my BB and start from scratch again!

Thanks in advance.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8703 Lost all addresses in my Address Groups

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you have all your contacts backed up via the desktop manager, then do a restore of just your contacts from the desktop manager without wiping your blackberry. I don't have the desktop manager habdy to see the options, but the three on the backup/restore page are something like Backup, Restor, Advanced. Go into the Advanced, open you last backup and restor only the Address Book. Been there, done that. BTW, before you start this, do a full backup to a different filename. I always do a seperate backup before I do anything that will alter data on any device.

qcbob no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8703 Lost all addresses in my Address Groups

Thanks for the info on backing up. It is good to know I will not have to do an entire "wipe"

Anyone have any idea why this happened and how can I prevent it from happening down the road?