Hi: I just got this phone from sprint a few hours ago. I cannot find ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Rhonda no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb 8703 e help needed

Advertisement

Hi:

I just got this phone from sprint a few hours ago. I cannot find the link for the browser and I also am unable to set up email accounts. Can someone please help? I am switching from the Sidekick II, and the PPC 6700

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 8703 e help needed

Hi Rhonda, you need to set up the BB Data Plan from Sprint. After you do that a browser will appear. Anymore help let us know.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

And if you do have a data plan go to -options-advanced options-host routing tables-register now.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Please come back and tell us how u like that new thing when your done solving the issue. I'm itching for a review on how others like the 8703e.

i need a new toy!

Rhonda no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks all... I got it taken care of...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Rhonda, Welcome to PinStack.

Glad you got it working. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BerryAddict8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30156B34

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    Please come back and tell us how u like that new thing when your done solving the issue. I'm itching for a review on how others like the 8703e.

i need a new toy!
    I purchased my new love yesterday afternoon at 3:48pm. She was a glorious bundle of joy of 6 ounces. Upon bringing the lil wee one home, I was so excited about this new addition to my lonesome self. THat is resolved now. ** ok enough of this stupid banter.***

My review:
    THe phone actual comes in a rather large box with contains your usual gizmos and gadgets, manuals etc. I was actually suprised though it came with a holster, which I am not using due to the rigidness of it. I already have a small scratch on the side. For the meantime, this baby is in my pocket or never leaving my hand.

Setup was actually a breeze. I plugged the charger and let it set for about an hour to put the charge into it before setting up my BES and other programs. I had all of my email and programs set up within 20 minutes. THe EVDO speed on Sprint is incredible. I am sitting here at a local starbucks and I am surfing away with zero issues. Just as fast as my cable modem at home. I am contemplating giving up my cable broadband and soley use the EVDO network. I figure, hey if I am spending 39.99 a month for unlimited data, I will certainly make it my money's worth and save 40 bucks by getting rid of the cable modem. Ok, I digress now. Back to the review.

The form factor of the unit has a unique feel compared to my old Treo 650. The 8703e feels so light weight you would think it could be a "dummy" model at some mall kiosk. But it works! THe screen on this unit is exceptional in my opinion. The brightness and contract suits my needs just fine and having the ability to do one touch brightness control on the top of the unit is a nice touch.

The keyboard is another fav of mine. You actually get a keyboard type of response once you press the keys.

THe signal strength thus far with SPrint has been exceptional as well. I have traveled in areas where I had zero coverage with my 650 and I can receive EVDO speeds with the berry. So I am very impressed with that. Granted, I only have had it for 1 day, I can honestly say it was well worth the money thus far.

Bluetooth: No issues at all during pairing. I have the Motorola H3 and syncing was effortless. Signal quality is excellent and has great distance. I walked from my living room to my garage, on the other side of my house and was crystal clear. Maybe that was just a fluke, but that really impressed me since I was so use to keeping my 650 at least a foot away from me to make the BT work. More to come once I play with it a lil more. Hope this helps!