Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I have bought the vodafone device (8700v) from eBay seller - Phone Efficient ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tiro no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb 8700v unlocked but doesn't work with T-Mobile, BES

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I have bought the vodafone device (8700v) from eBay seller - Phone Efficient (London). This device for my colleague.

Phone Efficient promised me to do the following:
    · to uninstall all vodafone system software
    · to upgrade the system software for T-Mobile BES compatibility (originally device was produced as "Pro" edition not as "Ent")

these things were a main conditions to buy device. They promised that it will be work properly for 100%.

I have collected device and now I have a trouble with it.

When I insert the t-mo sim card into device I have a message "data connection refused" and "small gprs characters"...

I have tried to choose from the all available carrier - the same...

I have chacked it with seller - they answer that it should be ok.
    But it is NOT ok :cry:

Help me please if you can.
    kindly yours,
    tiro :)

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: 8700v unlocked but doesn't work with T-Mobile, BES

Have you done a battery pull / hard reset? Whenever I change phones between my two, I get sometimes a data connection refused and have to do that to get it to accept.

Try that, let us know, I'm sure someone with more BES knowledge will be along shortly

Dub
    Dub no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you have a Blackberry plan with T-Mobile? If you don't have a active Blackberry data plan with T-Mobile you will get this condition. If you have a voice plan with them already you can add on the unlimted plan for 19.95 a month or the enterprise version for 29.95 a month.

I have removed the battery for 10-15 minutes and more... I have done it twice. It doesn't help unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub
    Do you have a Blackberry plan with T-Mobile? If you don't have a active Blackberry data plan with T-Mobile you will get this condition. If you have a voice plan with them already you can add on the unlimted plan for 19.95 a month or the enterprise version for 29.95 a month.
    The sim-card which I try to use has a needed Blackberry plan. This card issued for T-Mobile corporate use (BES).
    kindly yours,

Dub
    Dub no está en línea Stack level 1

You will probably need to go to your settings/options/advanced options/Host Routing table/ and then select the service and click you thumbwheel and choose "register now".

Thumbs down Re: 8700v unlocked but doesn't work with T-Mobile, BES

Quote Originally Posted by Dub
    You will probably need to go to your settings/options/advanced options/Host Routing table/ and then select the service and click you thumbwheel and choose "register now".
    also tried...

in 20 sec. after this i am getting "your handheld has been registered with the wireless" but still "data connection refused"
    kindly yours,

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Can you make a phone call to any number other than emergency service 911 or Information 611? Have you done an Enterprise Activation? Did you register your IMEI and PIN with TMO BIS?

Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Rcbjr,
    I can not make any call becuse this servise is locked by our IT policy. We have only data.

Exactly this procedure (Enterprise Activation) I would like to do but can't due to "data connection refused"

No, I didn't registered my PIN and IMEI with TMO BES (I am a corporate user) anyhow separately. Should I!

Thx,
    tiro

Question Re: 8700v unlocked but doesn't work with T-Mobile, BES

Rcbjr,

what should I do to register my PIN and IMEI with TMO BES? contact to my administrator or call to T-Mobile? How it usually happen? do you think that it could be reason for my issues?

thanks,
    tiro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr,

?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, but real life intervened. I think I would contact my admin first. I'm not that up to speed on activation with BES so I really can't help. I'll see if I can't get a BES expert to review this thread.

Rcbjr.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

In past experience data connection removed signal either your SIM has the wrong data provisioning or the data side of the phone is still locked. If you can go to a T-Mobile store (or a friend) and have them test your SIM in their T-Mobile BlackBerry. If it works then the problem is with the unlocking.

Also see these threads

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you are getting "data connection refused" and "gprs" the SIM is being recognised but there is no acknowlwedged data plan.The solution lies between your IT policy and Tmo.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    In past experience data connection removed signal either your SIM has the wrong data provisioning or the data side of the phone is still locked. If you can go to a T-Mobile store (or a friend) and have them test your SIM in their T-Mobile BlackBerry. If it works then the problem is with the unlocking.

Also see these threads
    hayden, thanks for the answer!

The situation is:
    1. I have two devices. One of them is original 8700g which is bought from T-System. In that device there is t-mo SIM card which works very well!
    2. the second device, which is 8700v have been bought from eBay for my colleagues. Seller told that the device is unlocked for 100% and compatible with BES...
    3. the t-mo SIM card doesn't work in 8700v and show me "data connection refused" and "gprs"
    4. I have tried to put into my 8700v the Vodafone SIM card from my friend - it works, there is no "data connection refused" and there is "GPRS"...
    What all this mean? What I have to do? Help me please!

today is my last day in London... There is no Voadfone and T-Mobile office at Russia... looks like I will forced to discard this device which is useless for me in this situation...
    kindly yours,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast