Hi, Sorry (again) for another newbie question about the 'berry, but I was wondering if ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

militantmin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700r and Del Axim X51v

Advertisement

Hi,
    Sorry (again) for another newbie question about the 'berry, but I was wondering if I can transfer contact info from my axim to my berry and back through a partnership. I've setup- what I believe to be an operating partnership- on both the axim and the 8700. The problem I'm running into is that on the Axim, there's an option to receive all incoming beams of all types and it's easily set to on. Now on the 'berry, I have no idea where or if that option exists or if something similar has to be done; becasue whenever I try to beam through bluetooth (both bluetooth are turned on and not discoverable as my understanding of partnerships is that if you have one you dont need to be discoverable for it to communicate) my Axim sees the 'berry and I can try to start the transfer of contact but it fails. What do I have to do to get my 'berry to play nicely with my Axim?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: 8700r and Del Axim X51v

Dont worry about the questions, thats what we are here for.

I am not 100% positive, but I dont believe that the blootooth on the 8700 can be used for data. I have the 7100 so maybe a 8700 user can provide confirmation?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

just confirmed, blootooth cannot be used for data, sorry

militantmin no está en línea Stack level 1

ok. but why does it have the option to synchronize contact lists via bluetooth?
    Jimmy

General Manager
    Kabin Music Lounge - Toronto, Canada
    214 Adelaide St. West
    Housexy Niteclub - Toronto, Canada
    57 Duncan St.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The best way is to sync Axim to your pc to Outlook, then the pc to the BB.

I'm surprised that you any options aside from headset on your 8700r.

No BB device supports anything over Bluetooth aside from wireless headset.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth sync is possible, or so iv seen somewhere. And the bluetooth hardware is capable of anything u throw at it, its just RIM have left a lot of the protocols out of the api. Like data, they can use direct hardware calls to it to do a bluetoth sync but its not in the api so "noone" else can make a bb do data. I say "noone" as it is only software and must be hackable.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

militantmin,

The option to synchronize contact lists through Bluetooth is for synchronizing with your desktop. Unfortunately, it is not for synchronizing between your BB and another PDA. You can synchronize your BB with various desktop clients (e.g. Outlook, Lotus Notes, Groupwise), but not with another PDA.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

As eatmypianno said, you will need to sync your PDA with a PIM that is compatible with both the PDA and the BB device, then sync that PIM with the BB Device. And as squished stated the 8700 can sync the compatible PIMs using the Desktop Manager controlling the Bluetooth connection, just as it does when using the USB. It is a setting in the DM. I haven't tried it yet, but have confirmation from users that use it regularly.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles