I purchased a used 8700g off eBay and unfortunately when I got it today I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

8700g with IT Policy - need help

Advertisement

I purchased a used 8700g off eBay and unfortunately when I got it today I see that it has an IT Policy on it that is prohibiting me from entering my Owner Information or changing any security restrictions, etc. The policy says it is DISCOVER DEFAULT - FINAL.

I cannot get in touch with the person who sold me the phone. Does anyone know how to do some type of hard reset on this phone to get rid of the IT Policy? I have wiped the handheld but of course that only gets rid of personal data. I would really appreciate any help.

My email address is bshpmark@comcast.net

Somebody is getting negative feedback on eBay! This is the first time I have had any problems buying phones there.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: 8700g with IT Policy - need help

Michael

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks! That took care of the problem. I am replying on the 8700 now and all is well. I can now sell this without a problem as I have an 8800 coming.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

A hard reset (battery pull or alt-right shift-delete twice) won't remove an IT policy. You have to use the instructions posted above.