I can't get my bb 8700g w t-mobile to sync w ms outlook on everything ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jankenburns no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9FA49

8700g will not sync w ms outlook address book

Advertisement

I can't get my bb 8700g w t-mobile to sync w ms outlook on everything but the address book it keeps saying unable to write or update data. Using 4.1 for desktop manager and on bb because of same problem in 4.2 Also using ms outlook 2002 with xp pro os. Please help

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700g will not sync w ms outlook address book

Strange. That error usually shows up when you try to sync on a BB that's syncing wirelessly with a BES.

That said, there are three things to check in Outlook.

First, check for entries in your Contacts that don't have either a Last Name OR a Company Name. The BlackBerry Address Book just doesn't like that at all!

Second, view your Contacts in Outlook as a Phone List. Scroll through the list watching the icons on the left side and make sure you have only Contact type items in there. It's easy to drag a message or some other non Contact item and accidentally drop non Contact items into the Contact folder and Intellesync doesn't like that.

Finally, check for conflicts in both your Address Book and Calendar - in fact anywhere in Outlook. They can cause unpredictable problems with Intellesync. For details on looking for conflicts - especially in the Calendar, check here:
    HowTo: Fix Outlook and General Calendar issues - PinStack.com

And, of course, there's always the Wipe and reload option!
    JerryD

reik no está en línea Stack level 1

I get same problem with 8100"pearl". It stops at 104 of 618 contacts. Tried all but no way. Any more ideas?

thanks,

reik

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Make sure there are no blank entries. That will sometime mess up the sync.

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I do not really understand what you mean by "fill all blank spaces". Outlook Contacts have a massive number of fields (about 120) of which I only use about a dozen (name, phones, addresses,...). How can I fill all of them?!! (I have about 620 contacts, this would mean to fill about 60,000 spaces!)

reik

Jonathan82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2459CF67

A co-worker had a little square box at the beginning of his contacts which was actually a new contact that he had saved with no info in it. Once he figured that out and deleted it, it worked fine.

Hi all,

...added some categories and deleted some old registers and, don't know how, it got solved. Thanks to all.

reik