Hi Im new to the Blackberry world.... the last phone i had was the sidekick3 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

krystle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dontknow

Thumbs down 8700g Unable to connect to my computer/ How do i install AIM Ramble??

Advertisement

Hi Im new to the Blackberry world.... the last phone i had was the sidekick3 (it sucked).... so i dont know much about Blackberrys....

Also i bought this phone 8700g on Ebay unlocked I have T-mobile (i dont know what unlocked means) and when i try to connect it to my computer it says it's not found on the desktop manager... What do i do? how do i fix this? also how to i get ramble AIM on this too?

Please HELP :cry:

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: 8700g Unable to connect to my computer/ How do i install AIM Ramble??

Hello krystle. Unlocked means that the phone is not "locked" to one network, so you should be able to use it with your T-mobile plan. HOWEVER, does your plan have data as well as voice? If it does, the home screen should show GPRS or EDGE in the top right hand corner. If it shows GSM or gprs (lower case) then either you don't have a data plan or it isn't directed to this device. Sorry but I don't know about AIM but somebody else will doubtless be along to unravel that one. let us know how you get on with the service aspect.

PIN/ID
    dontknow

Thank you for replying

Mines says EDGE on it...... why doesnt it connect to my computer?

chadgrice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

first unlock uaually refers to the phone being able to be used on any gsm network so you could have t-mobile or any other gsm service. most phones when they come out of the box are locked to only be able to work with one carrier.
    second i need a little more info on what is says when you connect your BB to your computer. if your running windows XP it should auto reconize as soon as you connect it. make sure your windows is up to date and give me more info

PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

ramble can be found by going to the downloads section of pinstack.com, choosing blackberry software, then communications.

PIN/ID
    dontknow

Quote Originally Posted by chadgrice
    first unlock uaually refers to the phone being able to be used on any gsm network so you could have t-mobile or any other gsm service. most phones when they come out of the box are locked to only be able to work with one carrier.
    second i need a little more info on what is says when you connect your BB to your computer. if your running windows XP it should auto reconize as soon as you connect it. make sure your windows is up to date and give me more info
    I have Media Windows XP and when i connect my phone via USB to my computer i open Desktop Manager i go to i think options... and i have to "detect" either USB or COM i use USB and it says it cannot detect the USB connect from my phone. I will be home... at 12 because Iam at Work now but i will let you know the exact information that it says.

Thanks for your help!

PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

well i work at 1 to 10 tonight pacific time so heres what i can give you for now as home work.
    conect your BB>
    go to control panel > click on the system icon > click on the hardware tab > click on device manager > scroll to the bottom of the window to "universal serial bus controllers" > click on it to expand it > see if there is now one that says "blackberry device"

if it is there then click on it if it says the device is working properly your phone conects just fine. and you should uninstall and reinstall your BB desktop program. also while you have th device manager up try clicking on the blackberry device > then the drivers tab > then update drivers button just to make sure.

(OR)

if it does not say blackberry device then try a different USB port. If that still doesnt work then maybe bring your computer to a tech to try and see what the problem is.

or of course you could just PIN me or post your progress