Hello all, I'm a newbie here and to BBs. In fact I ordered a 8700G ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

AaaBaa no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 8700G specifications compared to the others in the 8700 series

Advertisement

Hello all, I'm a newbie here and to BBs. In fact I ordered a 8700G from 02 yesterday and it should arrive on Monday. But I was a little disturbed when I was browsing 8700 series phones on the UK BB website (blackberry.co.uk -> Devices -> BlackBerry 8700 Series -> Compare)

When you compare the four 8700 series phones, they are all largely the same except in two categories: "Memory" and "Voice Input/Output".

In the 8700G it seems you only get 64MB RAM (whereas the others get 16MB more SRAM or SDRAM). Fristly, is this right - is the memory expandable? Will it be enough? (I have about 850 contacts that'll need to be stored, plus I'll start using email on the BB.)

Much more alarmingly, in the "Voice Input/Output" category, it seems that all other models in the 8700 range have a Headset Jack and Integrated earpiece / microphone, but the 8700G...DOES NOT? Surely this is a mistake!

I would appreciate if someone who has experience of the 8700G could clarify these points, as I've started to think I've made the wrong choice!!

Thanks

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: 8700G specifications compared to the others in the 8700 series

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm pretty sure this is a mistake. Memory is all the same. If it makes you feel any better, I have around 550 contacts in my 8100 and it takes up all of 400k. So you shouldn't have any issues.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome to the Stacks AaaBbb. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Have fun with your 8700!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

AaaBaa, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm pretty sure the 8700 series at least the 00 versions of it have the same hardware.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

AaaBaa no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks heaps peeps for your help...I look forward to receiving it on Monday and using it extensively...

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Yeah man those are mistakes. I have the 8700g and the headset jack is distinctly located above the usb charging port.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

As the others have said they are mistakes.

I use an 8700g and yes it has a earphone socket above the mini USB socket. I also have several hundred contacts (and growing steadily) plus additional applications installed and no problems with running out of memory.

Ed

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the memory will be find I have hundreds of contacts I just can't live with out my bb 8700! I hope you enjoy using it

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by AaaBaa
    I would appreciate if someone who has experience of the 8700G could clarify these points, as I've started to think I've made the wrong choice!!
    The 8700's are the same. The 8703 and 8707 are different.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by AaaBaa
    Hello all, I'm a newbie here and to BBs. In fact I ordered a 8700G from 02 yesterday and it should arrive on Monday. But I was a little disturbed when I was browsing 8700 series phones on the UK BB website (blackberry.co.uk -> Devices -> BlackBerry 8700 Series -> Compare)

When you compare the four 8700 series phones, they are all largely the same except in two categories: "Memory" and "Voice Input/Output".

In the 8700G it seems you only get 64MB RAM (whereas the others get 16MB more SRAM or SDRAM). Fristly, is this right - is the memory expandable? Will it be enough? (I have about 850 contacts that'll need to be stored, plus I'll start using email on the BB.)

Much more alarmingly, in the "Voice Input/Output" category, it seems that all other models in the 8700 range have a Headset Jack and Integrated earpiece / microphone, but the 8700G...DOES NOT? Surely this is a mistake!

Thanks
    As everyone else has said. those are mistakes and you'll be fine. I've dealt with users with over 9000 contacts on their devices who have plenty memory left. Crazy fools

mostin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25004DB5

hi , AaaBaa

like you i am a newbie , used to run a o2 EXEC it really struggled with the ammount of contacts i had . At one stage i had nearly 1300.

this synced with my 8700 no problem !!! i have them down to 987 now ..

cheers

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

enjoy your stay on 8700, that what the right choice you made!

Good luck with new 8700!!

j0hnj0hn no está en línea Stack level 1