Does anyone know what function 'number of beeps' actually does in profiles? For example, I've ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question 8700g Profiles / number of beeps...

Advertisement

Does anyone know what function 'number of beeps' actually does in profiles? For example, I've changed my beeps on everything in a particular profile from default 3, to 1. So, to me when my phone vibrates for an incoming text, email, reminder etc it should do it once, not twice as it always seems to do unless it's a call...

Am I missing something here,or is this how it is for the vibrate option? At work when my device is on my desk, having it vibrate more than once am sure is annoying to my colleagues, thus my issue...

ps: I know it's listed as 'number of beeps' and am asking about the amount of vibrates, but...

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8700g Profiles / number of beeps...

It doesn't apply to the vibrate option, only tones. The vibrate is consistent whether it's on vib or vib+tone. And the number of beeps is just how many times it will repeat the tone. Mostly for notifications, if you want it to ring longer. Or if you want a "polite" telephone ring, you can use a single beep, or short tone and set the number of beeps to one.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

thats nice to know. Always wonders about that, but never gave it any serious thought. Thanks for the info

arylin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there any way do adjust the number of vibrates?

Would be nice to have to have, say 3 Vibes for phone, 1 for SMS & 2 for email.

This way you can "feel" the event and not have to take your BB out of the holster unnecessarily.

LouieBraciol no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't believe there is a way to do that.

My phone is always in pocket never on vibrate. Im on call so i got a beeper and a phone and i need to keep both on tone. If they need me the beep me.