My 8700g battery suddenly won't last more than a day, with minimal usage. Never had ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

arb982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF92C

8700g battery issues

Advertisement

My 8700g battery suddenly won't last more than a day, with minimal usage. Never had this problem before. I've switched back to my Pearl for the time being. I was just wondering if maybe it's just time for a new battery or if there is potentially some other problem. Since the 8700g was my first blackberry I wasn't sure what the timeline typically was for needing to replace the battery. Anyone have thoughts on the matter?

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: 8700g battery issues

Have you recently installed any apps that poll servers frequently? If everything is the same as before and it just started, you may want to try a new battery. Signal strength can be another factor that influences battery life. If you are in a fringe area for high speed data and it is switching back and forth between high speed and regular data speeds, that can affect your battery life.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Also, if you recently started using a bluetooth headset.....drain, drain, drain.

cadeucsb no está en línea Stack level 1

also, set your backlight brightness

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by mcashman
    Have you recently installed any apps that poll servers frequently? If everything is the same as before and it just started, you may want to try a new battery. Signal strength can be another factor that influences battery life. If you are in a fringe area for high speed data and it is switching back and forth between high speed and regular data speeds, that can affect your battery life.
    you got it! Also, there are some apps out there that consumes battery life like crazy, like Yak-on for example. If your not using your app then don't run it. and like mcashman said.. if your area has poor coverage, this causes it too.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Seidio has released 2400 mah super extended battery for 8700G, 8703e, and 8700C. It gives you almost 150% more power than stock battery

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=602

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Hi Seidio, I have a short question.

Does this battery compatible with T-mobile verticle leather case? Thanks!

here is the picture of the case,

http://www.blackberryden.com/tmobile.html

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

^^Seidio may be able to answer that better....at the very least it looks like it might be a tight fit. That holster appears to have "stretchy" side panels, is that correct? If thats the case, then it is more likely to fit. The 2400mAh batter is the same size as the RIM extended battery if I'm not mistaken.

I just received my 2400mAh battery yesterday, and am VERY pleased with its performance, and quality. After a whole day connected to a bt headset (12+ hours), ~40 or so minutes of phone calls, 50 or so emails, not much internet browsing, and being unplugged from 5:45 am until 10:30pm, I still had an 85% charge with the 2400mAh battery.....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

85%, wow, that is comforting

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

Going on 27 hours unplugged now, ~16 hours connected to bt headset, ~80 emails, ~1 hr of phone use, and about 20 mins of net surfing. Battery is at 80% currently. Impressive....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I bought two 8700g's in Aug 06 (one for me, and one for the woman who has all my money.) In the past few weeks neither of them have been able to survive 12 hours without plugging into something. Hers is a perfect testimony to battery degradation. She doesn't run any 3rd party Applications and it seldom leaves her purse (Sad life for a Blackberry I know.) We went on vacation for a week in Sept and Hers long outlasted mine, I was a newbie, app-installin' maniac but I still got almost three days out of it.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

My 8700g battery suddenly won't last more than a day, with minimal usage. Never had this problem before. I've switched back to my Pearl for the time being. I was just wondering if maybe it's just time for a new battery or if there is potentially some other problem. Since the 8700g was my first blackberry I wasn't sure what the timeline typically was for needing to replace the battery. Anyone have thoughts on the matter?
    Also, it might not be the battery. Did you happen to change your OS recently?? in past experience when I was with TMO's .346 it drained my battery VERY fast, but once I switched to Bharti .351 it was fine and now I'm using Cingular's .377 and it works very well!!

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

battery life is also affected by the number of charge-discharge cycles. all types of rechargeable batteries in general, after a year of use, battery life is noticeably shorter.