My 8700g gives me ‘drained battery’ or ‘no battery sign’ (battery sign with line strike ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tarasb no está en línea Stack level 1

8700g Battery Error

Advertisement

My 8700g gives me ‘drained battery’ or ‘no battery sign’ (battery sign with line strike in diagonal) both with battery in and battery out. I was trying to flash the OS by connecting it to the PC while the screen is black, but every time on the middle of reinstalling process the sign comes back and Desktop Manger gives me a message that “failure in establishing the connection with device”. I have already tried different batteries but didn’t help. Plus, when Desktop Manger establishes the initial connection through USB port it says UNKNOWN instead of device number. Does anyone know if device is still fixable? Appreciate your help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8700g Battery Error

tarasb, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm at a loss to help you here, but wanted to bump it up the List so others might see it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

I say contact the manufacturer. Seems to me like the device needs to be replaced or fixed by them...

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Hi tarasb,

The same thing happened to me about 72 hours ago. I contacted TMobile, who in turn sent me to the store to see if it was a battery issue. It wasn't. They swapped the battery and it did nothing. Lost everything on my BB (everything was backed up of course) and just started to reload yesterday and today. Supposedly when you buy the BB through TMO is carried a one year warranty through so it was completely covered. They sent me a new one within 24 hours.

I went through the same issue with Desktop Manager. It recognized that the device was connected, but would not sync or pull anything off the phone. Sucked, I was hoping for a small miracle!!

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

alexpataffio, are you saying they swapped your BlackBerry too? Maybe that's the router for tarasb...

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Oh absolutely! It was completely covered under the warranty that TMo offers.

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    alexpataffio, are you saying they swapped your BlackBerry too? Maybe that's the router for tarasb...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bideshimd no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Battery Error - with 8310

I am having the identical problem with my 8310 (which regrettably is no longer under warranty).

Have tried to methodically reload both 4.2 and 4.5 (both DM and DS), both without success...terminating in "Error: unable to reconnect during multi-stage operation" message. Each time after battery pull (even with brand new battery confirmed to work in another unit) I get the dimmed screen with the "no battery" icon. Javaloader.exe gives "Error - unable to open port" on each attempt to wipe.

Any further suggestions to attempt salvage?? I am a humanitarian worker on a tight salary in Bangladesh, and can ill-afford another phone, even at eBay prices.