Ive been looking through the forums and cannot find anyone else with the same issue ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

geoff no está en línea Stack level 1

8700g Attachment Issues

Advertisement

Ive been looking through the forums and cannot find anyone else with the same issue as me! We have 3 Blackberry units here and we are running BES 4.0.x with Exchange 2003. When an email is sent it is recieved on the Blackberry with no problems and the attachment is visible at the bottom but there is no Open/View option.

If the email is forwarded to another Blackberry (an older one on the Vodafone network) the attachment is viewable on theirs. We are on Orange but I have spoken to their support and they were unwilling to help; in fact their only suggestion was to reboot the server.

I personally don't think it is a server issue as the attachment is visible and if forwarded it is obviously there as the other recipient can open it. I have checked the Attachment service is running and that it is also installed on the Blackberries but other than that I am lost as to a solution.

If anyone has any hints, tips or help it would be much appreciated.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8700g Attachment Issues

Check if the email and sometimes the atachment are being sent in rich text .rtf or plain texts? I've found rich texts attachments won't on our units...

geoff no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8700g Attachment Issues

I had tried some testing with plain text, rtf and html emails but this didn't solve it.

I applied the Hotfix 3 for BES 4.0.4 and all is working now so it is obviously a problem with the 4.0.4 patch. Atleast it is working correctly now!