I'm beginning to hate TMO... I purchased my BB in Jan this year. Coverage was ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ubuntuthinki no está en línea Stack level 1

8700g and TMO - OK I hate TMO at the moment

Advertisement

I'm beginning to hate TMO... I purchased my BB in Jan this year. Coverage was ...OK.. at my home until the foilage in the area increased in the Spring and summer. Now my home coverage stinks.

Numerous arguments with TMO on their contract and service problem result only in frustration for me. Sooo,
    I can see the local ATT/Cingular tower down the streen, yet because I'm in an area TMO says is covered, Cingular's system WILL not let me log on. Even if I travel to a Cingular area, I can log into their systembut when I return to my local area Cingular forces off my phone.

IF I get my phone unlocked, would I be able to force the service to Cingular???? and be happy again?
    Last edited by ubuntuthinki; 08-26-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Question Re: 8700g and TMO - OK I hate TMO!!!

Just a bump - does anyone know the answer?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: 8700g and TMO

I just tried to force it over by changing it from automatic to manual and setting it to ATT and it only allowed me to use it for emergency calls(i.e. 911). I just tried it with my unlocked 8700g and I am with tmobile. Seems your only option is to sign up with AT&T.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thats right the answer is NO. For some reason many companies still associate Tmobile with Nazi Germany Facism

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok if u got more than 3 months with tmo, give them a call and they will unlock your phone.within 24 hours. But in order to get the att service u got to have their service. Now. how far r u on your commitment with tmo? They will charge u if u cancell your contract with them !!!

Thanks for the comments, I have been batteling with them for 4 months with no give on their part. Methinks I will need to cut my loses with a cheap plan and sign up for att.

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B

that stinks
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.