Greetings, Yes I am new to the great forum. I have found a great deal ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

assyrian47 no está en línea Stack level 1

8700g & International E-Mail Access

Advertisement

Greetings,
    Yes I am new to the great forum. I have found a great deal of information on my new 8700g. T-Mobile is the carrier. I have International Roaming and Internation Blackberry e-mail access. Are there any special procedures one has to follow getting email when overseas. Should I have my IT people make a special account to forward only the mail I want to see? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: 8700g & International E-Mail Access

No sir, you can use your BB as if you are still in US

Only difference is when you make an outgoing call, you have to dial the "+" sign, followed by country code, city code and the number.

assyrian47 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the quick response. The calling part I understand. How they do the email messaging part is still a mystery. So when you sign up for the international BB service through your provider the 8700g must be gathering in the messages from an international server. Otherwise why would they charge extra.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Be prepared for a big bill too. International data and calling is expensive. Plus if the area where you are traveling isn't GSM, you get nothing. Same is true about data if they do not have bb data coverage.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Assyrian47. TMO has an unlimited international email plan for $19.99/month. Calling is very expensive. Your IT department doesn't need to do anything since you'll have unlimited email under that plan.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by assyrian47
    So when you sign up for the international BB service through your provider the 8700g must be gathering in the messages from an international server. Otherwise why would they charge extra.
    No -- it's because your mail and data must be routed via other carriers (the ones that provide coverage in the countries you're roaming in). Your mail still comes from the same BES and/or BIS server(s).

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

As long as you have an international data roaming plan (like the one ljbyar said $19.99/mo from T-mo), you do not need to worry about how these e-mails get into your blackberry. They just show up like magic, no special setting required by you or your IT. So just relax and happy e-mailing. You ARE covered, 100%

T-mo said that the data roaming only covers e-mail, so browsing and IMing will be billed at $15/MB. However, quite a few users reported not being charged for both. Seems all dependes where you go and which local carrier you use. I believe that if T-mo doesn't get the bill, you will not too.

DrMom no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi everyone, I am new to all this and have a 8100 with TMO and an unlimited BB data plan. Do I still have to pay $19.95 for a month of internet access when I go to africa/or pay extra by the kb? What about text messaging? Thanks