Does anyone know why when you send emails using Gmail, you get a copy of ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question 8700g & Gmail...

Advertisement

Does anyone know why when you send emails using Gmail, you get a copy of that on your BlackBerry?

I only want incoming emails to be notified on my BlackBerry, why on earth would I want the sent to come through too? Honestly...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700g & Gmail...

I am going to guess that is has to do with the way Gmail handles thier emails. This makes it seem like its an incoming when its not.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

...hmm, the 'grouping' of the emails. You could be right, but, rather annoying! Now to find another 'free' email with pop/smtp access...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Well melissaox is correct gmail is different and remember that it stores, catalogs, displays email different than the traditional way. If you did not get that email then it would not be apart of the conversation.
    Ahh heck think about the way you see and read gmail on the web based side? It is stored one after another in order of date/time just like a conversation.

If you only want the incoming side remove your gmail account by signing into the BIS side and use another email account the forward the email to you berry. You will get what you want that way.
    The downside to that is you will have to pay attention to the account it was sent to when replying to email, or you will end up sending email out from an account you may not have wanted public to some ppl.

Hope this makes sence?

It does, and thanks for the info...

I use yahoo as my main email. On BIS 2.0 with Tmobile it comes almost instantly.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gmail is different because it's not an inbox/outbox setup. It's conversations and threads.

Anything you send from the BB (or other client) will be seen as neither in or out, but as new and unread.

Therefore, when the BIS polls for "new" messages, it will pick up the emails you have sent out.

What I have done is twofold:

#1 - make a rule in gmail (on the web) which auto-archives messages "from" me. There is no option to rule this as read, but it makes it an archive.

#2 - make a rule in the BIS in your gmail account settings to NOT forward messages in your gmail account with the from field being you.

This works for me because: #1 - I don't get sent gmail messages back on my BB, #2 - the messages sent out are archived automatically, so when I do sign in to the web gmail, I don't see a bunch of messages sent from my BB as being new.

Thanks again Lewis. I've set this up, and it works flawlessly...

Thumbs up Re: 8700g & Gmail...

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I use yahoo as my main email. On BIS 2.0 with Tmobile it comes almost instantly.
    I did test Yahoo for a few days, and you're right it does work 'instantly'. But, I like to keep my emails, i.e. using Outlook 2003, and doing so with Yahoo would require me to pay for the privilege, don't really want to do that. I think I pay enough on internet/isp/domain charges as it is - LOL

Nonetheless, with the help of Lewis, all is well, and am gmail-ing away....

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

After checking my gmail and BIS again, I realised that I actually BCC myself on all my gmails that I send from my BB. I also BCC my @blackberry.net emails to my gmail.

In gmail, I have filters set up to archive all those emails into a label called "blackberry".

Whenever I sign in to gmail on the web, I just highlight all unread messages and mark them as read.

This also keeps a record of my sent blackberry messages, because with BIS 2 there is no "inbox".

If you have Tmo, delete your GMail service books and re-add them. Then your Gmail is as fast as your Yahoo Mail.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Thanks for that tip Melissa. Presently they come through almost instantly, and it's proving to be a good service, thus far...