Hello- I'm a new Blackberry user and still working out many of the details of ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Madalliam no está en línea Stack level 2

8700c Smart Phone Address book

Advertisement

Hello- I'm a new Blackberry user and still working out many of the details of my phone. One thing I'm meandering around trying to see if I can do- is add photo's to my address book. So far I haven't seen an "easy" way to do this (nothing jumping out at me saying "ADD PHOTO HERE").

Is there a way to actually do this? Just thought it would be neat since other phones seem to have that functionality too. I even went to my Outlook on my comp and added a picture to the Contacts page and then loaded the Contacts in- and it didn't seem to appear on the Blackberry the way it did on the comp. All the info is there- just no picture (does this mean the obvious--no photos/address book? haha).

Thanks.

edited : 7-26-07.

Found some boards and stuff- incase someone comes across this thread. Looks like to this day- it's not inherent in some of the BB's and it's not free...

http://www.javatekmedia.com/

http://smartphones.pdatopsoft.com/Sm...ts-(Smartphone)
    Last edited by Madalliam; 07-26-2007 at 01:22 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 8700c Smart Phone Address book

A real easy, and free way, would be to upgrade the BB OS to 4.2, which would allow photos fro contacts.

Thank you! That was very helpful advice.

I went to : http://www.wireless.att.com/business.../bis-login.jsp
    to download it onto my computer and then transferred it to my BB. Takes a little getting used to from the old OS (I'm still trying to figure out how to oranize the icons with the Zen theme -icons on the side of the screen) but it has picture contact function. How sweet is that??

Thanks a ton

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

When you're at the screen with all of the icons in a grid just move your icons around there. The first five icons will appear on the screen with the icons on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    When you're at the screen with all of the icons in a grid just move your icons around there. The first five icons will appear on the screen with the icons on the side.
    Thanks! wow. I wouldn't have figured that one out too easily.