Ok i'll give you some detail, i have an 8700c from Cingular, that is unlocked ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ProlifikNY no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c Shuts off at random times

Advertisement

Ok i'll give you some detail, i have an 8700c from Cingular, that is unlocked now, but it was having the same problem before i unlocked it too.

When using the phone, or scrolling through a menu or at any random time even when not being used at all, the BB shuts it self off, with red lights, reboots and goes to hourglass, the starts fine. Sometimes it is every 2 min. sometimes every hour.

I have upgraded to/tried several OS's, all with same result, even went back to the orignal one.
    I don't think it is a software issue because when it is plugged in it does not do it at all, which gives me the idea that it is prob hardware related.

Now the only thing that has been suggested in any forum or anywhere i look other then what i've tried is to get a torex and open it up.

Now the question.... Does anybody know what inside might be causing the problem, and/or what to look for to fix it, i don't think is a battery issue as i've tried the bussiness card trick, and inserting something on the other side of the battery to force a more solid connection. Also the battery was tested and showed as a good battery, hold a great charge etc..

Any help would be much appreciated.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: 8700c Shuts off at random times

That BB may just need to be replaced. You've done all the troubleshooting I would do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2

Like stated already, that BB is done. I had the same problem. Needs to be replaced. I got a refurb one from att for 50 bucks. I got lucky insurance covered my bb because it was in the old cingular contract. You can't even have insurance on blackberries I don't think now.

I Understand what everybody is saying, what I'm asking is for help from someone who has taken them apart. since it seems to be lost already it can't hurt it any more to play around and see what i can do, but I'd be better off if I had a guess from someone, as i can't find a circuit diagram anywhere

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I've replaced the whole housing on my 8700c...

If you take it apart.. The only thing that might be the problem is the "prongs" that touch your battery may not be touching the motherboad tightly... You would probably have to try "bending" the prongs on the motherboard side and stretch them a tad to make a tighter contact...

If this doesn't work then I'd give up... Cuz if its anymore hardware than that, its probably a bad motherboard...

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Oh by the way... When u open it up... You will probably get dust under the screen...

I was being as careful as possible full well knowing about dust under the screen and yet it still happened to me...

Thank you for the help, any other advice is also appreciated

timbo333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine shuts off too. I've had mine shut off 5 times within one hour. I removed "BeanBerry" which wouldn't work with my device. It stopped doing it as much, I also removed RambleIM. It hasn't as much, however sometimes it still does. I would rather have it do it once in a while, then as much as it was. I have the 8703e from Verizon.