Has anyone tried any? I've placed an order for a pack of Screenguardz but I've ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

8700c screen protectors?

Advertisement

Has anyone tried any? I've placed an order for a pack of Screenguardz but I've never used them before.

I temporarily cut and stuck on a WriteRight screen protector designed for some other device with a touchscreen but I think the texturing it has for a stylus is causing some distortion.

Anyway, I've never worried about screen scratched on my 7290 but the screen was recessed and I never had scratching problems. The clear plastic on the screen of my 8700c is already showing some small scratches from the plastic holster so I'd like to prevent any further scratching.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8700c screen protectors?

great idea. eaccess usual has most things in the first group. www.eaccess.com

MikeyL no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039742B

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Has anyone tried any? I've placed an order for a pack of Screenguardz but I've never used them before.

I temporarily cut and stuck on a WriteRight screen protector designed for some other device with a touchscreen but I think the texturing it has for a stylus is causing some distortion.

Anyway, I've never worried about screen scratched on my 7290 but the screen was recessed and I never had scratching problems. The clear plastic on the screen of my 8700c is already showing some small scratches from the plastic holster so I'd like to prevent any further scratching.
    I read a review on blackberryforum that the screen protector only covers the screen part and doesnt cover the whole exposed plastic part.

It does only cover the LCD and not all of the clear plastic on the front. This might work for people who aren't OCD like me but the scratches at the top near the earpiece are already bugging me. I've placed an order from Screenguardz for 56mm x 55mm custom cut protectors. They'll need some trimming as the top and bottom of the clear plastic are curved a bit and I don't want to cover the earpiece. I think that will work for my needs though...

your_hero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039B2A5

i bought one from screenpatronus from ebay, it came with three in the pack and works pretty damn well. it is custom fit for the blackberry and covers the black trim aswell as the screen and has a hole for the earpiece

works great for me

Screenguards has also introduced a full-face screen protector for the 8700c with an oval cutout for the earpiece. It does not cover the silver bezel.

jasonlgree no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203A73F2

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~