Quick question. I have an 8700c which I cracked the screen on (Just the plastic ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

demay8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700c Replacement Screen

Advertisement

Quick question. I have an 8700c which I cracked the screen on (Just the plastic cover, the display still works fine). It seems like I can't be the first to have done this, however the provider I purchased the phone through and several of their other Chicago-land locations cannot tell me how to get this replaced? I would certainly prefer to not need to send it away as I do not currently have a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to replace this? Thanks.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8700c Replacement Screen

You can order BB parts from a number of vendors online such as Promobility. You can also find parts on ebay. If you don't want to do it yourself you'll have to deal with your carrier or send it in for repair.

tex402 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I ordered mine off of Ebay for $8, just make sure they include the screwdriver. It's pretty simple to install too, I'm sure one of these more experienced pinstackers can post the link with pictures of how to disassemble it.

Mine works great now (Although, 3 weeks after I put it on, my nephew knocked it off a table outside and scratched the screen....*eeerrr*).

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

The front cover is all one piece so the switch is pretty straight forward.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

geecuey2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D2E400

i just bought some parts from cnn.cn...overall good transaction.

Does anyone have a resource that shows how to replace the lens? Some websites seem to suggest you just pry the current screen off and snap the new one on and some websites make it seem like a more complex fix. I see some companies on eBay have a new screen with adhesive; I emailed one and he said I wouldn't even need any tools to make the switch. Does this sound right to you guys?

pixelbrat no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by demay8
    Does anyone have a resource that shows how to replace the lens? Some websites seem to suggest you just pry the current screen off and snap the new one on and some websites make it seem like a more complex fix. I see some companies on eBay have a new screen with adhesive; I emailed one and he said I wouldn't even need any tools to make the switch. Does this sound right to you guys?
    I just replaced my 8700 screen about a month ago. I bought one of the cheap ones off ebay and it was pretty easy to install. I took one of those really tiny jeweler screwdrivers and pried it under the edge of the scratched screen. Do it carefully as you don't want to slip and scratch something you shouldn't. Gently pry around the edge until you can get your fingers under it and pull on it until it comes off. The new screen already has adhesive on it so just take off the backer paper and put it in place. All done.

Thumbs up Re: 8700c Replacement Screen

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going to give this a try!

jwags88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D7BA64

I replaced mine on my 8703e about 2 weeks ago. It was pretty simple. I went ahead and removed the complete housing just to be sure I wouldn't damage the LCD screen.I also used a blow dryer to heat up the glue on the old screen for easier removal, stuck on the new screen, reassembled the housing and installed the screws. All in all it was about a 10 min job and this was my first screen replacement. There's a tutorial in the BB guides/how to's/FAQ's sub-forum on how to remove the housing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

Ebay seems like the place to go for these. Around 5 bucks, and you can pick one up. Just search 8700, not your specific model #