Hi there, just got a 8700c today from ATT. I updated the OS like any ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

thankins no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c Problem

Advertisement

Hi there, just got a 8700c today from ATT. I updated the OS like any good BB user should do, updated it to the lastest 4.2 OS out there. When I restarted the device and went to change the theme I noticed that i had the Dimension Zen them installed already. I clicked it and it looked just like the one posted already the net. One problem with it though, when I click more applications it brings up the complete list (all the icons on the screen). I tried downloading a new Zen theme.

The one located here. (www.knology.net/~acidmax/blackberry/8700_today/8700_dimension_zen.jad)

It appears in the list of themes but when I hightlight it I can't activate it. Am I doing something wrong? I used that one on my 8703e and it worked just fine. Can anybody help me? I am lost right now

Re: 8700c Problem

Quote Originally Posted by thankins
    Hi there, just got a 8700c today from ATT. I updated the OS like any good BB user should do, updated it to the lastest 4.2 OS out there. When I restarted the device and went to change the theme I noticed that i had the Dimension Zen them installed already. I clicked it and it looked just like the one posted already the net. One problem with it though, when I click more applications it brings up the complete list (all the icons on the screen). I tried downloading a new Zen theme.

The one located here. (www.knology.net/~acidmax/blackberry/8700_today/8700_dimension_zen.jad)

It appears in the list of themes but when I hightlight it I can't activate it. Am I doing something wrong? I used that one on my 8703e and it worked just fine. Can anybody help me? I am lost right now
    I would really like the icons to look like this:
    http://blackberrycool.com/2006/03/29/001562/2/

The second pic. This is how it is displayed on my 8703. Any ideas on how to do that

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You'd have to downgrade to 4.1. Why did you load 4.2? The newest isn't always the best option out there. Unless you need to be able to use Media Manager to transfer files, there's little reason to upgrade IMO.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

There is new Zen themes that are available for the 4.2 OS. Cherri and StevenSRL have made a few, even I have made a SD Chargers Zen theme. They have been moved i will look for them and PM you the link. No need to downgrade your OS...
    Michael

Hopefulyl this will get noticed - I would feel bad about starting a new thread.

For some reason I am not recieving calls on the phone. I upgraded to the 8700M_PBr4.2.1_rel163_PL2.3.0.81_A4.2.1.101_Vodafo ne_Belgium_(Proximus) OS. After I installed the .exe I went in and deleted the vendor.xml file and then updated the OS.

Now when someone calls me, either a landline or cell - they recieve the basic "Call can not be completed" Any ideas?

Also on a side note - just for learning purposes, if I was to downgrade the OS it would the same as upgrading correct?

Thanks for all your help - hopefully not sounding to much like an idiot