My 8700c automatically places a call to the last number in my received/placed call list ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jsbarn no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c places/ends call when taking out of holster

Advertisement

My 8700c automatically places a call to the last number in my received/placed call list when I take it out of the lambskin leather swivel holster, even when the keyboard is locked and even though I haven't placed a call.

Also, when the phone rings in the holster and I remove it to answer the incoming call, it will end/hang up on the call and send it to voicemail, again even though the keyboard is locked.

I have turned both auto answer and auto end calls to "never" and it still does both.

How can these problems be fixed?

Thanks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Jsbarn, is this a new lambskin case that you have? If it is, it might be too tight causing some of the buttons to be hit when you put it in (take it out of) the holster. They usually loosen up after a week or two.

Also, when was the last time you rebooted your BB (battery out)?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

jsbarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes it is a new holster purchased from RIMM. But the keyboard is locked and so I don't see how the holster being too tight could cause a button to be pressed to end or place a call. I took the battery out and it still does it.