I just bought a 8700c Unlocked BB, with the intension of replacing my aging Nokia. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tludikar no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c on Rogers

Advertisement

I just bought a 8700c Unlocked BB, with the intension of replacing my aging Nokia. It arrived yesterday, and is in perfect condition.

I called Rogers, and got an amazing package for data and voice. Now what do I do? The "Data Connection Refused" disappeared. How do I configure it to get email and to browse?

Do I need to upgrade my software to Rogers 4.2?

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8700c on Rogers

You will need to setup your email either thru Rogers's BIS website (you my need to go to rogers website or ask your rep) or use the personal email setup utility (usually an icon on the bb menu screen) or go to rogers's wap homepage from the phone's browser and see if there is some kind of bb setup on there. Hope this helps.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tludikar no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8700c on Rogers

Thanks...
    I figured it out myself. I had to install the new Rogers BB OS. Did that by deleting the xhl file, worked like a charm. Then I had to call the Tech support to the PIN reset, and redirected me to T-Mobile. They reset it... No problems, works perfectly.

Thank you though.