hey everyone, i have been sent a BB8700c unlocked as a gift, i am living ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

XT2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203be371

Thumbs down 8700c - need help

Advertisement

hey everyone,
    i have been sent a BB8700c unlocked as a gift, i am living in Syria where there's no EDGE support, i thought they implemented the GPRS also for it was working on my last cell phone (Siemens SX1) for browsing and such stuff, anyways my BB always says "Data Connection Refused" and shows small letter gprs not GPRS in capital which i read somewhere is not a fully GPRS network activation.

my carrier is Areeba (www.areeba.com / www.areeba.com.sy) which is supposed to be an international network, which means they should have put grps support totally functioning.

as a side note i had to enter a proxy server and a port address in my SX1's settings for the internet via gprs to be activated.

my question is, is there any way to make this phone runs GPRS connection on that network or do i have to wait until i get back to UAE where i work to try it out?

thanks in advace for your help.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8700c - need help

Quote Originally Posted by XT2k
    hey everyone,
    i have been sent a BB8700c unlocked as a gift, i am living in Syria where there's no EDGE support, i thought they implemented the GPRS also for it was working on my last cell phone (Siemens SX1) for browsing and such stuff, anyways my BB always says "Data Connection Refused" and shows small letter gprs not GPRS in capital which i read somewhere is not a fully GPRS network activation.

my carrier is Areeba (www.areeba.com / www.areeba.com.sy) which is supposed to be an international network, which means they should have put grps support totally functioning.

as a side note i had to enter a proxy server and a port address in my SX1's settings for the internet via gprs to be activated.

my question is, is there any way to make this phone runs GPRS connection on that network or do i have to wait until i get back to UAE where i work to try it out?

thanks in advace for your help.
    When I got my bb I had the same problem but when I called my service provider Tmobile I found out I had the wrong data plan there was a data plan specifically designed for my BB. Changed data plans and capital GPRS all the way only took about 5 minutes for the provisioning to take place. Hope this info is helpful.

Ms. Brenda

PIN/ID
    203be371

thanks much, i will check now with my carrier and hopefully it works like it did with you.

PIN/ID
    203be371

seems this is not working for me.

isn't there a way to make my BB connect to internet using my computer's internet connection (through the USB cable) i used to have this one working for my SX1.

this way i can download what i want without the need to find PC programs to upload wallpapers/MP3s on my BB.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

If you're wanting to use your BB8700 as a modem, here's how to do that http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2224

Here's how to download themes, wallpapers, etc for your BB8700 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...splay.php?f=36

More 8700 downloads http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s.php?catid=12

8700 Ringtones http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=8&linkid=179

More 8700 wallpapers http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s.php?catid=15

For some of the stuff you will need Desktop Manager which you can get here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=8 This also explains how to install it and the lates OS for your model BB

seems this is not working for me.

isn't there a way to make my BB connect to internet using my computer's internet connection (through the USB cable) i used to have this one working for my SX1.

this way i can download what i want without the need to find PC programs to upload wallpapers/MP3s on my BB.
    Your carrier said what? I had internet connection with my old phone but THAT data plan would not allow my BB to connect to the internet.

I will do some research but I have not seen anything in reference to using your computer internet connection with the BB. I could do that and did that with my Pocket PC until I got a wireless card. There are many programs you can install on your bb using Desktop Manager and a usb cable for your bb without an internet connection. I will post more information that may be helpful once I do some looking.

Ms. Brenda

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Lower case gprs indicates that the data network is available. Upper case GPRS indicates that data network is available and you have access to it on your BlackBerry.

If it's not upper case, you don't have a BlackBerry data plan with your service provider. And your BB will not be able to connect to the RIM servers in Waterloo.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

As well, if no data network was available, but there is voice service, then GSM would be displayed. And that only provides voice and sms.

PIN/ID
    203be371

EricaJ1073:

My questions wasn't on how to use the BB8700 as a modem via GPRS internet, in my case my network operator does have GPRS yet it is not a Blackberry one. So my question was if there is a way to make the blackberry Browser connect to internet (the computer DSL cable or dial up internet connection) using the usb cable provided.

i have installed the Blackberry Desktop manager yet there's nothing i can do with it if i can't connect to internet on my BB8700.

msbrenda64

thanks again for your help, my network carrier doesn't support BB (in fact i maybe the only one here who has a BB lol) it's only very few people here who have ever heard of a blackberry.

well as a BB user i would ask if there's a way to personlize my BB (add theme/wallpapers/MP3 tones) only using a usb cable and certainly not by downloading them using my BB.
    of course i am also interested if there are any office suites for my 8700, i am more concerned about MS Excel and if i can export/import the documents i create on that office suite to MS Office suite on my personal computer or work computer.
    i have checked in your forums downloads as a quick look but only found tones/wallpapers/themes that must be installed when i am browsing with my 8700 and the programs i found are good yet no office suites as the one i am looking for.

Lewis

apparantly my carrier doesn't support BB as you may have read above yet thanks for the useful info.

msbrenda64

of course i am also interested if there are any office suites for my 8700, i am more concerned about MS Excel and if i can export/import the documents i create on that office suite to MS Office suite on my personal computer or work computer.
    Check out eOffice Standard Edition, 3.200.013 by DynoPlex Inc.

They have a trial version you can download and try it's pretty nice! Hope it's what you're looking for the link on handango is listed below:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=93174&R=93174